Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Proudly Owned by Austin
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is going to be our final post as a "puppy" owner in this subgroup. As of today, Austin is a 1yr old "dog". But truth is, he's still such a puppy :D

These first 10 months with him have been quite a journey. I never knew I could love anyone, person or animal as much as I love Austin. I love how he rests his head in the cradle of my arm while we drive, his nose pressing against me. How he's such a goof-ball at times, making me laugh and act silly. How he has sat with me, providing quiet support, like a mature adult when I was going through a low. How he drives me nuts one minute, but has me doubling with laughter the next, thinking how silly the whole thing is. Love his smile, his big brown eyes, miss his tiny puppy teeth though they tore up my skin, absolutely love his wet kisses. Love the attitude he gives me when he wants his way, and when that doesn't work, he'll break into a smile, which will most often make me give in to him. He's the perfect puppy! It's funny how everyone's dog turns out to be the most perfect one they could ever have wished for, isn't it? :)

We had a nice party for him with his doggie friends. I also took him hiking, his favorite activity, and he got really great goodies to eat, plus a bunch of gifts. Here's a link to his Birthday album. You don't need a Facebook account to look at the photos. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.258926860834020.62308.235055296554510

If you do have a Facebook account, here's Austin's page. You can "like" his page to see more of his photos :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Austin-the-Golden-Puppy/235055296554510

I've also embedded some of the photos here.

Yay! It's mah Birthday!

Cut it out, Mom! You got your shots

Okay! This is ridiculous? Can I have my food and cake or not?

Psst... listen, before mommy comes...

Nap time, with my new favorite toy

Hiking! My favorite!

What's out there?

Parttteeyyy!!! (Mommy called it chaos, not sure what that is)

Posing...

Yes! The cake! It's for me, right mommy?

I love you, I love everybody... can you tell Mommy to give me my cake now?

Yappy 1st Barkday Austin! That's me!

No help needed, I've got it Mom!

Ok, maybe some help...

·
Dog Lover for Life
220 Posts
He is a handsome Young Man! He looks like he had a good Barkday with his friends. Enjoy your little guy.
The nice thing about a Golden is that the sun is always shineing on their backs. Every day is a good day. I they make your day good too.:)

·
Proudly Owned by Austin
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Happy Birthday Austin :rockon:
He's very handsome, and enjoy your golden life with him.
Thanks for sharing the photos with us.
Thank you :)

He is a handsome Young Man! He looks like he had a good Barkday with his friends. Enjoy your little guy.
The nice thing about a Golden is that the sun is always shineing on their backs. Every day is a good day. I they make your day good too.:)
That's so true... every morning, no matter which side of the bed you get up, one look at that face waiting for you, turns things around :)

·
Layla and Bauer's Mommy
151 Posts
He is absolutely beautiful- one of the most beautiful Goldens I've ever seen! He looks like he has a GREAT life! :) Happy Birthday Austin!

·
Proudly Owned by Austin
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He is absolutely beautiful- one of the most beautiful Goldens I've ever seen! He looks like he has a GREAT life! :) Happy Birthday Austin!
Thank you. That is such a great compliment :)

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
What great pictures and Austin is just soooo handsome. I know he had a great time and you must have enjoyed yourself so much. Nothing better than good friends and a doggie meet up.

Happy Birthday little Austin, you are beautiful and can't wait to see what surprises the next year opens to you.

Reactions: canine_mommy

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
Happy Birthday Austin :)

Great pictures of your handsome boy!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Wow - Austin is a knock out! Gorgeous boy with a great coat for a one year old. You must be very proud. Those doggie treats/cake look good enough for a human to eat. :) Happy B-day Austin.

·
Proudly Owned by Austin
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What great pictures and Austin is just soooo handsome. I know he had a great time and you must have enjoyed yourself so much. Nothing better than good friends and a doggie meet up.

Happy Birthday little Austin, you are beautiful and can't wait to see what surprises the next year opens to you.
Happy Birthday Austin!! What great photos and what a fun time for everyone!! He sure is a looker!
Happy Birthday Austin :)

Great pictures of your handsome boy!
Thank you all for the wishes :) Austin would have done his wiggle-butt dance if he knew he was getting all this attention. It's so hard to believe that he has transitioned from a cuddly puppy to a handsome dog. Just 4 months back, his tail was still thin, without the feathers. And now, he has a beautiful mane and featherings...

Wow - Austin is a knock out! Gorgeous boy with a great coat for a one year old. You must be very proud. Those doggie treats/cake look good enough for a human to eat. :) Happy B-day Austin.
Thank you. I must admit, I did taste the "frosting" on his cake :p: hehehe... it wasn't bad, it was like whipped buttermilk+sour cream, with vanilla flavoring, no sugar. Not as tasty as people food, but "definitely" healthier... and all the pups loved it :)

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Happy Birthday, Austin!! Looks like you had a great day with all of your doggie and human friends! You are one handsome boy!

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
:You_Rock_:heartbeat:heartbeatHAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!!!!!!:--crazy_love::--crazy_love::--crazy_love::party2::party2: Awesome shots, awesome party......you are a cutie patutie, for sure!!!!:p::p:

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Happy Barkday Austin....

Looks like it was a wonderful day of you getting spoiled and loved by all your family and friends. You are a very handsome fella.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts