Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
You see it bothers me that you didnt find it important to become a part of the membership..... to invest your time and energy getting to know anyone here....Not to mention mourning with them as they lose their much-loved pets...rejoice with anyone that is bringing home a puppy....celebrate training victories...and encourage anyone as they work with their dog through training issues...
Very nicely stated.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
The the OP, I do not believe I was hostile in pointing out the issues with your website. I'm sorry we disagree, but I do not believe there was hostility, just a difference of opinion about what is appropriate or not on this forum. I wish you the best with your website; however, I do not feel it appropriate to link your endeavors to this forum, especially if there are questions about whether you plagiarized or lifted photos. If you feel you are being picked on, then this forum probably is not a good place for you to hang out, but, if you want to share personal stories about your dog, comfort someone who is hurting over their dog or just join in and have fun, I hope you will stay on and be part of our culture. We've got a great group here!

·
Registered
16,391 Posts
Im not a computer programmer, but I think I can understand why you *might* want to have access to the nearly 20,000 GRF membership as an audience for your website!

You have a free membership here <just like me> you mimic information...ask GRF membership help you edit pages <which they generously have done!>...and voila! post them to your site! Personally, its a bit too insincere for me.

You see it bothers me that you didnt find it important to become a part of the membership..... to invest your time and energy getting to know anyone here....Not to mention mourning with them as they lose their much-loved pets...rejoice with anyone that is bringing home a puppy....celebrate training victories...and encourage anyone as they work with their dog through training issues...

Many of us have been here for YEARS....Not only have we seen this site grow & change, add advertisers, but we have also seen members marry, watched each others human babies grow, graduate high school and go on to college. We have had many passionate debates, hurt feelings, misunderstandings, mended friendships. We have cheered on members with very serious illnesses and together mourned the death of members.

When someone <you are not the first!> comes on all he!!-a-fire claiming to want to be "the one" to "educate" the public on any number of issues ... I personally find it a bit...insincere. Stick around if you choose...invest not necessarily money, but your time... Develop YOUR own opinions...come to YOUR own conclusions...put YOUR own thoughts into your site. If people find kinship there, find a place where they can relate to what you have written then you will have something you can be proud of.
Wow, wow, wow. What a heartfelt and true post. I think this is what needs to be said-the exact truth.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Either one of two things are going one.

1. There is a double standard which is people liked by the forums can link to their personal websites

or

2. People reviewing my website focus way more on the ads then the actual content
Or, there's the issue you're conveniently ignoring over and over in your posts, which is that your articles are full of stolen, not original content, and you're using that stolen content to sell adspace. People are also taking issue with the fact that some of what you've copied is false and misleading, but another big problem is that you're lying about how you got your site content. You're using other people's images without attribution, and you're taking other people's articles and barely rewriting them. You've lied repeatedly to the membership of this forum, so why are you surprised that you're getting a bad reception?

There's no double standard. My site has no ads, generates no income, and is entirely original content. Anybody else's content is clearly cited and used under public domain or fair use rules.

Make a site that doesn't generate a profit for you and that doesn't rip off other people's content, and you'll get a different reception for it. Oh yeah, and don't forget to tell the truth while you're at it.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Just FYI - this guy switched the "find a puppy" link on his site back to a puppy broker website instead of the GRCA page on how to find a reputable breeder. So much for just wanting to share his "love" of the breed.
And not shockingly, there are no other edits to the site to correct all the wrong/misleading information.

·
Kate
20,475 Posts
Just FYI - this guy switched the "find a puppy" link on his site back to a puppy broker website instead of the GRCA page on how to find a reputable breeder. So much for just wanting to share his "love" of the breed.
Do you think that is him thumbing his nose at people still looking at his page?

Or is it just more of his "shortcut blogging"?

Does he still have a link to GRF as the "forum" ? :)

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
The "forum" link has been removed, thankfully. Oddly enough, I had checked it this morning. Hadn't noticed the link to the puppy broker site though. So much for his claim that this is just a "Google ad" that he can't control.... clearly this is a deliberately set link.

Julie, Jersey and Oz

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
Do you think that is him thumbing his nose at people still looking at his page?

Or is it just more of his "shortcut blogging"?

Does he still have a link to GRF as the "forum" ? :)
I think it's because he's banned here and can't use the forum to drive traffic, so he's switching the link back so he can at least make money off it. His original tactic seems to have been to make some tweaks so he would seem acceptable to us and then could use us, but since he couldn't (because of the lies, the incorrect information and whatever he was banned for), he went back to what would make some money. That's my best guess.

I didn't see anywhere that GRF was linked, fortunately. I didn't click that much because I didn't want to drive any more ad revenue. I just checked the one link on a hunch and was sadly disappointed. Not the slightest bit surprised, but still disappointed.

·
Registered
16,391 Posts
After thinking long and hard about this, I wanted to ask you about the hostility you show to the owners of those "American" goldens that are posted on your website without their blessing or permission. One is a dear pet dog, several are owned by a very nice, responsible dog person many of us know well, another is owned by a forum member. That photo of golden retriever Shakespeare was used perjoratively in the English Creme v "American" golden article, without permission of either the photographer or the owner. They are upset, hurt, and a little bit freaked out too, to discover their pictures on your site . Please take any photos of other people's dogs off your website if you did not have permission to use them. Brighton's does not have permission either. I do want the forum to be a friendly place, and I do think swiping a picture of your dog to criticize would be hostile, but your site does that to other very nice golden owners who love their dogs as much as you love yours.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
After thinking long and hard about this, I wanted to ask you about the hostility you show to the owners of those "American" goldens that are posted on your website without their blessing or permission. One is a dear pet dog, several are owned by a very nice, responsible dog person many of us know well, another is owned by a forum member. That photo of golden retriever Shakespeare was used perjoratively in the English Creme v "American" golden article, without permission of either the photographer or the owner. They are upset, hurt, and a little bit freaked out too, to discover their pictures on your site . Please take any photos of other people's dogs off your website if you did not have permission to use them. Brighton's does not have permission either. I do want the forum to be a friendly place, and I do think swiping a picture of your dog to criticize would be hostile, but your site does that to other very nice golden owners who love their dogs as much as you love yours.
I hope they are aware this practice is a copyright infringement and they could be sued and loss.

I say remove all pictures you did not take yourself with owners permission.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
If he did that, he'd have about three pictures.
Then they would have 3 pictures :D

Please note I have never even seen the spoken of website

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
If anybody finds their pictures on this person's website or anywhere else without permission, please be aware that you have the right to ask the thief to remove those pictures. Posting your pictures on the internet (either here, Facebook, a personal blog, Flickr, etc.) does not mean you gave up your right to them.

If you find your work, including but not limited to your photos, on somebody's website without your permission, you have the legal right to request they remove it. It's usually best to start with a polite e-mail, but if that doesn't work, you can send the company hosting the website a formal DMCA notice. If the person is using Google Ads, you should also send Google a copy. Here are some helpful instructions on how to send a DMCA takedown notice, including a template.

There are exceptions to this rule called "fair use" exceptions. Under certain conditions, you can use other people's copyrighted material if you're substantially transforming it into your own work of art, if you're excerpting part of the original work to use for analytical or educational purposes, or if you're parodying or otherwise engaging in a free speech conversation with the original work and/or owner. When you do use other people's materials under fair use, you still have the responsibility to indicate who created the original work and where you got it, and it certainly doesn't cover just ripping off other people's photos and articles and acting like they're your own. Wikipedia's article on Fair Use is pretty clear and thorough.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts