Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

attack(ed) dog

1K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  HovawartMom 
#1 ·
Who the h... let this little monster in the house and when is he going to leave me alone!!

All kidding aside Fergus loves his little brother Farley. When Fergus wants to get away he can and we spend alone time with each of them. Fergus gets fed first and let him know he is still #1 in our book.

Farley has grown a ton from 7lb to 15lbs in just about 3 weeks.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
What a good big brother!

#9 ·
Along the lines of this post I have a question.....

We just brought home a new sister to Jax, our large 6 month old. They seem to be playikng so rough, and believe me this little girl can get her licks in, but how do I know when it gets too rough. It looks so rough sometimes, but there is no yelping from the little one, and I know Golden's have "soft mouth", but how do I know when enough is enough from Jax??

#11 ·
The yelping will tell you. A six month old may not pull back like an older dog. Fergus is 2 this month and I am completely surprised how rough the play looks but how gentle Fergus really is. The pup doesn't know when to stop but needs to learn. A little yelping is part of the learning. If the pup yelps your six month old should back off, if not you may need settle them down. I never scold anyone though.

#13 ·
I love pics like this!!! It's a treasure, as before you know it they'll be the same size!

#14 ·
very cute....

#19 ·
I just love the names Fergus and Farley.

Great pic of them!

Where did Fergus and Farley come from?
The names were easy for us

Fergus is Scottish like the breed. One of the meanings is "first choice or chosen one" also means strength. Full name is Fergus Roy, Roy means red.

Farley the Gaelic translation means "brave man" the way he came up and greated Fergus at the breeders this was a perfect fit for him. I also have been into motorcycles all my life and a Harley rider since the '70's. Farley's full name is Farley David's Son

They are both my boys, Farley was a Christmas gift from my youngest daugter Nichole. My oldest daugter Michelle was with me to pick up Farley to make certain I didn't come home with both the males that were left in the litter.

Fergus and Farley have the same dad but different moms.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.