Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately it's been unsually hot here so we decided to take the boys to the lake for a dip. Brutus has swam in pools before but never a "pool" this big. It took a little while for him to figure out the waves weren't actaully trying to attack him. :doh:
There were a ton of people at the lake but I still wanted him to be able to swim, so i took a chance and let him off the leash and he did perfect! (it also helped that i had a baggie full of ham and cheese)
Max, on the other hand, has become very stubborn so he had to stay on a leash.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Ya just gotta love a couple of wet sandy pawed Golden Retrievers. Glad they had so much fun. Maybe next time Max will be on his best behavior!:)
Nice pictures thanks for posting!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya just gotta love a couple of wet sandy pawed Golden Retrievers. Glad they had so much fun. Maybe next time Max will be on his best behavior!:)
Nice pictures thanks for posting!
Ya now that he knows what he misses out on when he decides he feels like not listening. We'll give another try soon...we'll see then :crossfing

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Ya now that he knows what he misses out on when he decides he feels like not listening. We'll give another try soon...we'll see then :crossfing
I can see the look in Tuff Dogs eye's when he is going to be hard headed. If he is moving away from me and I call, if he just glances back over his shoulder with that sassy look and does not turn around I can forget calling him any more. Completely ignoring him seems to work the best. I need to work on that harder with him:doh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts