Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:appl::appl::jamming:

At long last, at least for those of us in most of Dallas, Tarrant, Collin and Denton counties, the big drought is officially over thanks to the rains of last week! :D:D A few areas in these counties are still in the abnormally dry category. The rest of Texas remains in various drought categories so we hope they get more rain. The news reports are saying that our status is precarious and we could slip right back into a drought category if we have an hot spring and/or summer. For now, all water restrictions remain in effect, and for good reason. Our lakes are still not at normal ranges and we need several more feet of water in many of them. I think/hope a lot of us here in this area learned something about water conservation as a result of the protracted drought we just survived. :crossfing

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,656 Posts
That's great to hear!

I have lived in different areas of the country where we have been on water restrictions before, it's not fun, but you do adjust to it.

Fortunately we have both City Water and a Well. I use the Well to water my yard, flowers, bushes, etc. and wash the car. Our last two summers were very dry and hot here, we were concerned about our Well going dry. It would really put us in a bind if the Well ever did go dry. It cost an arm and a leg to use the City Water to water your yard here.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That's great news, I understand the Houston area has been getting some much need rains also. Now, would you PLEASE send some of the wet stuff down south.

Mike

Reactions: Dallas Gold

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's great news, I understand the Houston area has been getting some much need rains also. Now, would you PLEASE send some of the wet stuff down south.

Mike
We'll try! I kept on thinking the state leadership should have asked the Indian tribe they asked during the last major drought to do another drought ending rain dance. It worked the last time, almost immediately!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Unless the weatherman is telling another fib we're supposed to get some real good rain late Saturday and all day Sunday. When that clod front comes through Dallas ya'll please point it south.

Mike

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I hope the rain keeps heading our way and doesnt dry up before it hits florida. This is the driest it has been in years. Each year it gets worse. Already the fires have started and have caused deaths. I dont know if yall saw the one all over the news on I-75 this past week. Our dispatch center of FHP that is in my building covered that all night and day. It was all over the tv screens on three walls. So sad for so many people. And they are saying the fire was started on purpose. If caught the person could face murder charges.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope the rain keeps heading our way and doesnt dry up before it hits florida. This is the driest it has been in years. Each year it gets worse. Already the fires have started and have caused deaths. I dont know if yall saw the one all over the news on I-75 this past week. Our dispatch center of FHP that is in my building covered that all night and day. It was all over the tv screens on three walls. So sad for so many people. And they are saying the fire was started on purpose. If caught the person could face murder charges.
I thought about you when I heard about that terrible accident caused by the fire and fog. I said prayers for first responders, victims, families and those dealing with the tragedy in any way. It's hard to fanthom. That's horrible the fire may be arson too. What is wrong with people? :(

·
Dakota Katie River's Mom
1,684 Posts
So glad for you! I haven't heard if where I'm in, in Louisiana, is out of the drought, but we've had quite a bit of rain this past week or two. We spent most of the morning again out in the hallways at school due to tornados. The kids don't need any 'practice' drills, they've gotten quite good at it for the real thing. Now if we can just get the rain without the tornados, I'd be a much happier camper.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So glad for you! I haven't heard if where I'm in, in Louisiana, is out of the drought, but we've had quite a bit of rain this past week or two. We spent most of the morning again out in the hallways at school due to tornados. The kids don't need any 'practice' drills, they've gotten quite good at it for the real thing. Now if we can just get the rain without the tornados, I'd be a much happier camper.
Those tornadoes are frightening for sure. We got another round of rain last night, and supposedly it rained throughout the night but I didn't hear anything. Without a thunderphobic dog in the house I now sleep through a lot of storms--thank goodness Toby hasn't shown any signs of storm phobias!

·
Dakota Katie River's Mom
1,684 Posts
I really shouldn't complain about the tornados as so far they have all touched down in unpopulated areas or have not done any significant damage. Everyone should be so blessed!

And I'm blessed none of the dogs are thunderphobic. Glad you're able to get a good nights sleep as well!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just found out we've had seven inches of rain so far and have moved from severe drought to moderate! Yeah!!
That's fabulous! Every bit of rain is welcome and will be for a long time to come. Let's hope a few more inches will get you out of drought status completely.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Weatherman got it right this time. It started raining in So. Texas at around 11:00p past night and is still raining this morning. Finally...

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts