Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just found this chart in an article about slow growth posted in answer to a question about exercising a young golden:
Target Weights: 12, 16 & 20 weeks

Age Weight
12 wks. 15-16 lbs.
16 wks. 22-23 lbs.
20 wks. 28-30 lbs.

The whole article can be found at:
http//www.jrsgoldenangels.com/slowgrow.html (hopefully that link works!)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Going by this my Bella is right on track! I thought she was too small for her age. But she is 16 weeks and about 21.5 lbs.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Holy now I don't know what to think Sammie is just about 14 weeks and she is 30 lbs. She doesn't look fat. How much do you feed your pup per day?

·
Hudsen, born 8-23-09
269 Posts
Wow, Hudsen was 30lbs (approximately-he wouldn't sit on the scale) at 16 weeks. I just weighed him the other day and he is 40lbs and 21 weeks. I kept thinking he was underweight because he looks so thin.

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
What you should be aware of, is that the weights mentioned are following Slowgrow. If you don't follow that feeding and exercise plan, the weights are merely an indication, nothing more. If your vet is not complaining, I wouldn't worry. Tess is 13 weeks and about 21 lbs, she looks skinny, too.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
IMO, at this age they seem to look "skinny" because they are starting to grow out of the roly-poly puppy stage. And, they all have growth spurts at different times. If your girl is healthy and active, I wouldn't worry.

There also seems to be a difference between the males & females. The growth charts don't allow for that but looking at the different threads here on the forum, that seems to be the case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts