Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My seven month old puppy, if allowed to meet strangers or when greeting friends, quickly lies on his back and waits for tummy rubs. He looks quite ridiculous (tongue lolling, all exposed, with his tail wagging between his legs). I heard yesterday this was a common behaviour in goldens, is that right ? People seem to find it charming so it’s been highly reinforced ! Just curious.

·
Registered
572 Posts
My seven month old puppy, if allowed to meet strangers or when greeting friends, quickly lies on his back and waits for tummy rubs. He looks quite ridiculous (tongue lolling, all exposed, with his tail wagging between his legs). I heard yesterday this was a common behaviour in goldens, is that right ? People seem to find it charming so it’s been highly reinforced ! Just curious.
View attachment 884346
Argh he’s super cute.

I didn’t know it was golden thing either but then Teddy is my first golden.
He does it all the time.
A lot of the time in our garden to sneakily get our attention to lure us in with his cuteness from whatever we are busy doing.

He also does it a lot on walks. But not to invite strangers to him. More to get whoever is walking him to slow down, chill out and give him some attention.

Lastly he also does it to get the attention of his doggy friends on his group walls with the dog Walker.
Goldens are very emotionally smart so they know how to be super cute.
As you can see Teddy does it a lot! Enjoy 😊 it’s one of the things I love and it also amuses strangers we come across on our walks.

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
View attachment 884346
I'm not sure a furdog has ever met a stranger.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha I have very much enjoyed the belly rub chat and pictures in this thread. Would love to meet all your dogs and rub their tummies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts