Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share our new little fur girl.

I have been kinda cruisin' in the shadows here for a while. Our first Golden (Abby) went to the Bridge in January after 11 wonderful years. She was there the day we brought our boys (twins) home from the hospital and had been with them every day of their lives (they're nine now). Even with a busy household things just weren't quite right without Abby. Lord knows we all missed the "hair".

Anyway, I came across this forum in my quest for another Golden puppy. Certainly not a replacement for Abby, but hopefully one just as sweet. I've read a lot and learned a lot and just wanted to show off Ashlie. She was seven weeks old the day these pictures were taken. She is settling into her new home just fine. She is only up once or twice per night and has already started going to the door with a bark when she has to "go". She still has an occasional accident but the crate training is going remarkably well considering she has only been at it for a little over a week. She seems happy to be here and she must be healthy cuz she is definately spunky.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I am so sorry about your loss but little Ashlie will help to heal the broken heart. She is a real cutie and I see alot of spunkiness in her eyes. That second picture just makes me smile and want to get another puppy. Then I remember the potty training and getting up in the middle of the night.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
My condolonces on the loss of your Abby. I hope you will be able to post some photos of her as time goes on. You are right onne does not take the place of another, they each lay claim to their own part of our hearts from the very first day and it is THEIR'S forever. :--heart:I am sure Abby is waiting at the Bridge smiling down on you and Ashlie.

Ashlie sure is a cutie. In that first I can imagine she is telling you a story "I remember when I was just THIS tall" using her par to show you how tall she was. That or she is part cat and is pawing at something :doh:

·
Bailey and Riley
1,454 Posts
A warm Welcome to you and Ashlie!! Oh my gosh, she is adorable!! I'm very sorry for your Family's loss of Abby. She will be in your heart and memories forever.

Oh yeah, we love pictures here...so post away! :)

~Jackie

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
I am sorry for you loss of Abby (great dog name and you even spelled it right :))

Ashlie will warm your heart, she is very cute and a wonderful new chapter in your life.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Too cute! She's got the whole "Talk to the Paw" thing going on in the first pic!
And I think I can tell what's in her lil mouth in the last pic...:yuck:

Welcome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts