Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team Tito with handler Kate Batzner. We will miss her, she sure does bring out the best in him.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
he looks fabulous! Go Tito! Have you figured out who is going to be his handler?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congratulations!

Beautifull win photo. It's really nice to see a golden with multiple talents succeed in the show ring.

Best of luck as you move onto finishing his championship,

Robert

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
I would have to say it is quite obvious from that photo why he took the major that day, he looks fantastic! :)
Why will you need to replace Kate? :confused: I must have missed something or this steel trap of a mind of mine is not as secure as it once was. :doh:

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kate Batzner is not going to be handling dogs in 2010, for personal reasons.
She will be assisting Amy and Phil Booth.
If all goes according to plan, Amy will be handling Tito when they get back from the Florida circuit, which isn't until after Westminster. (of course, if there's a conflict, that means Amy's assistant, KATE, takes Tito in the ring!)
In the meantime, I do believe I've arranged for another well known handler but I'm not going to jinx myself by saying anything until it's cast in stone, so to speak.
But I just feel that Kate and Tito were an incredible team. She took him in the ring for me 7 times, and he was NEVER out of the ribbons with Kate even in some very large Open classes. She got him the 3 point major, a WD for 1 point, 3 RWDs, and 2 very nice 3rd places in large open classes.
We will miss her terribly!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you. I sincerely believe this fantastic breed is capable of doing so many different things, and I'm out to prove it with Tito!

Congratulations!

Beautifull win photo. It's really nice to see a golden with multiple talents succeed in the show ring.

Best of luck as you move onto finishing his championship,

Robert

·
Registered
73 Posts
"She will be assisting Amy and Phil Booth.
If all goes according to plan, Amy will be handling Tito when they get back from the Florida circuit, which isn't until after Westminster. (of course, if there's a conflict, that means Amy's assistant, KATE, takes Tito in the ring!)
"

Kate is a great handler but you're certainly not taking a step down in care or quality with Amy and Phil :). I'm sure I'll see Tito at the local circuit here in Michigan...he's going to do great with the Booths!

Robert

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
. . .Kate is a great handler but you're certainly not taking a step down in care or quality with Amy and Phil :).

Robert[/QUOTE]

I agree. And Tito looks wonderful in his major win photo! I know there's at least another one in his future--my crystal ball has spoken!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone!
I know that Amy and Phil are awesome, and you couldn't meet nicer people.
As I said, IF things go according to plan, Tito will be handled by Amy after mid-February. But he won't be going out with them....how would I work on those UDX legs if he's gone??!?!?!?! She's going to take him day-of-show, which is how Kate was doing it, also.

·
Went Rogue...
599 Posts
thank you. I sincerely believe this fantastic breed is capable of doing so many different things, and I'm out to prove it with Tito!
Hawt baby!! Give that boy a cookie!

Now I know that after he finishes he has plans to be President and fly the Space Shuttle, both of which I am sure that he will do very well. But I don't recall if he was going to follow that up with a big position on Wall Street or Professional Football? And then what?

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
Tito looks absolutely magnificent!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I don't know anything about showing, but I sure know pretty when I see it and Tito is gorgeous!

Congratulations on the win and I hope you have many more in all your endeavors.

He is just such a great all-around looker and athlete. Looks, ability, good sense and a wonderful personality - he has it all. Even a great owner.:)

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
He looks amazing in that picture! I love that your goal is to get our there and show what he can do in everything. This IS a multipurpose breed! I am sure that Tito will do great with any handler, but its a shame that Kate will no longer be working with him. We are always rooting for Team Tito!!! Is his fan page up yet? :) hehe

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
still working on the fan page...but the "Team Tito" sweatshirts arrived for Christmas! LOLOL
Thanks everyone for the kind words.
Bear Valley, Tito is very disappointed that someone beat him to inventing the internet. He's not sure where to head next. Maybe a new app for the iPhone?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts