Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog has been diagnosed with arthritis, basically i give her glucosamin always and “previcox 1/2 pill” for 5days when she limps (leg and hip). However I recently discovered (search) that carbohydrates is better to avoid while there are arthritis: such as >>rice, soybean, omega 6 faty acid ...
BUT she eats hypoallergenic moderat calories royal canin And this food label includes lots of carbohydrates which are >> rice, soya oil, soya protein isolate (plz check attached photo for full label ingredients)
I did lots of research and i am still not sure if this food is still good to keep or need to be stopped. Your help and suggestions would very important on what to do! Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
The #1 ingredient in the dog food you are feeding is rice. Which you previously mentioned was bad for arthritis, so maybe you might want to switch to a different dog food. I don't really know much about dog foods, but that is just something I noticed. Have you tried talking to your vet or dog food nutritionist, who may be able to help come up with a good diet for your dog?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The #1 ingredient in the dog food you are feeding is rice. Which you previously mentioned was bad for arthritis, so maybe you might want to switch to a different dog food. I don't really know much about dog foods, but that is just something I noticed. Have you tried talking to your vet or dog food nutritionist, who may be able to help come up with a good diet for your dog?
Unfortunately her vets says the food is good but if i look online its the opposite thats why i am confused! Sadly we dont have animal nutritionist in my country, do you recommend any online?
Thank you for your time 💖

·
Registered
820 Posts
Unfortunately her vets says the food is good but if i look online its the opposite thats why i am confused! Sadly we dont have animal nutritionist in my country, do you recommend any online?
Thank you for your time 💖
Hmmm that is a tough one. Have you explained to your vet why you believe the food may not be good for her? Maybe then she will be able to provide some feedback. I am sorry but I don’t know any animal nutritionists online (I don’t even have a puppy yet, but I wanted to help how I could. :)). I am sure other members of this forum will be able to provide more input and advice though!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm that is a tough one. Have you explained to your vet why you believe the food may not be good for her? Maybe then she will be able to provide some feedback. I am sorry but I don’t know any animal nutritionists online (I don’t even have a puppy yet, but I wanted to help how I could. :)). I am sure other members of this forum will be able to provide more input and advice though!
Right! I will address the matter to the vet in detail, maybe then we could find a better solution. 🙏

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Does your dog have known allergies that require her to be on a "hypoallergenic" food? If you know what she's allergic to, it might be possible to find a higher quality/lower carbohydrate food that does not contain the problematic ingredients.

Reactions: Lovin'Goldens
1 - 8 of 8 Posts