Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have requested a list from the puppy referral program of the local breed clubs. But I wonder if there are breeders that I'm 'missing'. A breeder that might be better to wait for a litter from them. I just want to look at every great breeder in the area before I get my pup.

Basically, I'm just wondering if anyone has experience or is familiar with any quality breeders in the area. (An internet search is turning up some less than desirable breeders.:no:)

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
296 Posts
When we conducted our search a few months back we expanded the breeder area to a wider than state wide. We looked at AZ, NV, UT, and CA within a ten to 11 hour drive. That way we could go pick up the puppy by car. A lot of the breeders we were initially interested in were several months if not a year from their next litter. Our choices came down to Emerald Acres Goldens near San Diego and Promise Kennels in Sanger CA. We finally selected Promise Kennels because they had a male puppy just the age we wanted. They had complete clearance data as well as heart and eye data. Their stud dog Tonka is a Grand champion. In addition Ron and Judy Inman were very helpful. Our Promise puppy was already trained to sit and down when we got him at 13 weeks and would wait for humans to go through doors before it was his turn.

The Emerald Acres pups are now about 6-7 weeks old.

If you are willing to look outside of AZ both of these breeders are Breeders of Merit which in and of itself is not the final decision maker. But it does show a level of accomplishment.

Good luck in your search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts