Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pictures from our trip to Sedona and Tucson. I still haven't uploaded the pictures Julia took with her camera. Additional pictures (not all 500 of them!) are available at http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=284815188/a=7003271/t_=7003271

This trip really made me realize how totally out of sync my current life is with what I most enjoy doing: hiking, taking pictures and being outdoors.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
We were just there for Christmas! Phoenix - and it was amazing. We hiked on New Year's Day and it was amazing!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Gorgeous pictures. I know if I show those to my hubby he will be so jealous. That is one place he has always wanted to go ever since he was a kid watching John Wayne movies.

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read that a lot of John Wayne movies were shot in Old Tucson. The movie set is still there, not far from the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. We passed it on our way to the museum, which is an awesome experience. Julia said it was one of her 2 favorite things on the trip (the other being the chance to play in the snow near Flagstaff).

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Wonderful pics......makes me very homesick. As long as we've been in Texas, Arizona and the beauty of the desert, the red rocks of Sedona, the Indian culture is my heart. I remember going to Old Tucson as a kid and, yes, many of the ole Westerns were filmed there.

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How I wish I could buy a new home at Saddlebrook Ranch near Tucson. I would love to be able to design the interior the way I want it, pick out paint colors, etc. One of the model homes has a lovely tile mosaic just inside the front door, and I would love to have something like that. Tucson seems to have everything I want in retirement: decent cost of living, great weather, hiking opportunities and it's a bicycle-friendly city.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Ann, medical care in Tucson is good too with the UofA med school there. It is well respected. Another important consideration when talking retirement, and a big plus for AZ v New Mexico.
Can I be your neighbor????

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ann, medical care in Tucson is good too with the UofA med school there. It is well respected. Another important consideration when talking retirement, and a big plus for AZ v New Mexico.
Can I be your neighbor????
Sure, Betty, I'd love to have you and the girls as neighbors!

I also confirmed that there is a Trader Joe's in Tucson, and they are expecting another one to go in not far from Saddlebrook. Wherever I retire HAS to have a Trader Joe's!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
OMG....your pictures are just breathtaking! My friend Carol has just retired from the IRS after 30 years. Her Mom has a park model in Yuma where she goes 4-6 months of the year. Carol is there now with her for a couple months, then they will drive home back here to WA. They are spending some time with various sites....Sedona, etc. Does anyone have some places you think they should include coming back home? They are looking forward to just taking their time coming home, and seeing as much as they can. They will be heading home from Yuma on April 1st. Thanks in advance, if any of you have some suggestions! :)

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Penny & Maggie's Mom (Betty) gave me some good suggestions. We visited Montezuma's Castle (not far from Sedona) and recommend it, as well as the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum near Tucson. We never got to Tombstone.

·
2,472 Posts
beautiful pics. I love the desert states - Arizona, Nevada, Utah...it's been a while though.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
OMG....your pictures are just breathtaking! My friend Carol has just retired from the IRS after 30 years. Her Mom has a park model in Yuma where she goes 4-6 months of the year. Carol is there now with her for a couple months, then they will drive home back here to WA. They are spending some time with various sites....Sedona, etc. Does anyone have some places you think they should include coming back home? They are looking forward to just taking their time coming home, and seeing as much as they can. They will be heading home from Yuma on April 1st. Thanks in advance, if any of you have some suggestions! :)

Well, if they wanted to take a detour to Durango, they would go thru the Navajo Nation and could stay at the Strater Hotel in Durango and take the Durango - Silverton train ride. It's on the list of National Geographics things to do....... so extremely beautiful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts