Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I won't lie it wasn't cheap, but I have to say it was sooooo worth it, at least it was to me! Remy doesn't run and play out there either - it is truly the place he goes to do his business.

People think I am absolutely insane when I joke about the fact that Remy has a $4K potty! Yes I think you probably say I'm nuts. I agree with you it's not worth it if it's only a temporary solution.

Let your pup go in the yard and clear his/her paws when they come in - at least until you guys get settled in and decide what you'll be doing with the yard.

as far as the rocks go - don' tworry so much - just don't leave your pup outside alone and keep an eye on him/her. It's not like they quick gulp them down - count yourself REALLY lucky if that's the only thing you ever yank out of his/her mouth!

LOL

·
Wyatt Earp
3,595 Posts
Yep our Cody was a huge rock eater. Not Wyatt he is really picky what goes in his mouth. We also have astro turf and bark for his potty place.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We used artificial grass and really regret it. The smell is so bad. We have tried everything to get rid of it too. It gets so bad in just a few days now the dogs don't want to use it. We paid for higher priced artificial turf that doesn't absorb heat either. Far as I can tell if you use the turf it needs to be replaced every year or so. We changed to the grass once my Boston terrier swallowed 13 river rocks and had to have them surgically removed.

·
Registered
507 Posts
My goldens will eat anything. Amber's most expensive treat was a $1,400 hearing aide. I dropped it but it never got to the floor. She has swallowed plastic bottle caps, button batteries, rocks, and she pulled my grandbaby's sock off his foot and ate it. She outgrew it about two years of age.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts