Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Are you guys linking to our website?

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wonder, many of you own some kind of a website and it would be of tremendous help, if everyone put links to our site on theirs...
So this is question for all those who own your own websites... Are you guys linking to our site?
Let us know...
Joe

BTW.
Those who are not linking to our site and would like to:
You can create any kind of a link, but simple HTML code like this would do:
<a href="http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com">Golden Retriever Forum</a>

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
I voted yes, because I will link once my site is back up this afternoon...

Do you have a mini-banner (like the top of the site) to use for a banner link? Just curious....

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
There's a link to here on my links page, but there isn't a link to the link page anywhere on my site :) I'm waiting for the buttons to be free, it's one of those deals where usually you have to be a member to get the button but every few months it's free ...

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
katieanddusty said:
There's a link to here on my links page, but there isn't a link to the link page anywhere on my site :) I'm waiting for the buttons to be free, it's one of those deals where usually you have to be a member to get the button but every few months it's free ...
Use this one until they're free again....

links.gif

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone who can/could post the link to our site. Search engines use a variety of algorithms to determine relevancy ranking, one of them is number of links pointing to a particular site.
So more links pointing to our site will result in more visitors and also better visibility of our forum in search results, higher page rank as some would say.
Joe

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not that important if anyone goes to your site as number of links pointing to this site. Search engines know about your site.
Joe

·
Registered
349 Posts
Joe, I am putting the finishing-touch to my site, and I am certainly more than eager to put a link to the forum. Now, couldn't we have a nice logo or icon? I find your main-logo.jpg a bit big as a link.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am thinking about creating some logo for this single purpose, but simple link will do. It really is mostly about search engine recognition.
Joe

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Shoot, the period where they are free was shorter than I thought. Now I have to wait five more days. Grr. I just hope changing the buttons doesn't mess up all the frames which I have since forgotten how to do. I don't like technology one bit.

·
Banned
16,884 Posts
katieanddusty said:
Shoot, the period where they are free was shorter than I thought. Now I have to wait five more days. Grr. I just hope changing the buttons doesn't mess up all the frames which I have since forgotten how to do. I don't like technology one bit.
Should be pretty easy..... You're just editing the page, navigation.htm. Save it and upload it and you're done....

If I wasn't busy getting ready for Riley's baseball game, I'd just make you a cool Flash menu.... (I might just do that later, and after you see it, you can decide whether or not you want to use it...)

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Joe said:
I am thinking about creating some logo for this single purpose, but simple link will do. It really is mostly about search engine recognition.
Joe
I think thats a GREAT idea. I plan on putting a logo on my MySpace to advertise this GREAT forum !!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts