Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran into Terrabone dental chews. Was wondering if this was safe and how long do these types of edible chews last?

These please even the pickiest of chewers! Terrabone is the world's healthiest and safest edible dental chew bone for fresh breath. The #1 ingredient in a Terrabone is USDA certified organic brown rice. Unlike other edible chew bones, Terrabone contains no animal by-products like gelatin or animal glycerin. Terrabone contains no added salt, no added sugar, no chemical preservatives, no artificial colors or flavors and ABSOLUTELY NO WHEAT, NO GLUTEN, NO CORN & NO SOY. Terrabone is also very low in fat with zero saturated fat and zero trans-fat.

There are also some made by Halo, Smart & tasty that look ok. Any recommendations or objections? :wavey:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Most of the dental chews don't last very long and can get very expensive if you are constantly buying them , you are better off with bully sticks or antlers they last much much longer and clean teeth just as much if not more than the dental chews.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We gave Maggie the puppy sized edible chew (about 3-4 inches long) and within about 30 seconds, she broke it in half and swallowed both halves. She was about 10 weeks at the time. Luckily it was processed and she passed it...but it scared the heck out of us. We're going with the bigger bones now. She enjoyed it...I gotta say that. I'm sorry but I don't remember the brand name.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I don't think any of the edible chews are safe- too many are swallowed & I really don't think they digest that easily. I'd be inclined to get antlers, nylabones, raw marrow bones, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Kate
21,428 Posts
I never buy the puppy sized bones. There's NO POINT in buying something like that for a golden retriever puppy who will chew on WALLS if you let him. :)

I like some edible bones - but I think you have to be careful about what you give. Some can cause a little digestive discord for the dogs.

I don't give Bertie any edible bones at this point because I don't want to upset the apple cart as far as his digestive system. Besides that, Jacks would be just stealing all the bones from him and HE would get a little gas. :)

I give Jacks Zukes Z-bones.

One thing that DEFINITELY was a great buy was the Himalayan cheese chew thing I picked up on a whim for Bertie. He chews on it a lot and hasn't made a dent in it yet. o_O

1 - 5 of 5 Posts