Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, he’s not a golden retriever, but he’s pretty darn cute anyway. ?

Meet Archer! He came home Friday, and he is 10 weeks old today. He’s really settled in the past two days. He is very vocal, meaning he barks at everything, so I’m hoping that will subside a bit when he feels more comfortable in his new home. His potty training is going great! Only two accidents. And he does well in the crate. We get up once a night, usually around 1:00 or so. He’s an awesome puppy!

I uploaded the pictures from my phone, so hopefully they aren't too big.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
He's very cute. My son, raised with Goldens, wants a GSD someday. Enjoy the puppy days!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just wanted to post a quick update in case any of you cared. Archer will be five months old in two days. He’s an amazing puppy. He’s ready to go when I am, but he’s also happy to entertain himself with a chew or ball when I need a break. He loves to work, and his world revolves around me. He’s completely solid when I take him to the skate park, Home Depot, Cabela’s, even the patio at a coffee shop! He’s always smiling and acting like a complete goofball. I’m in love.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Love those ears. Good looking dog and he sounds like a dream.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Both if your dogs are beautiful. In the last picture of both, it looks like Brooklyn is trying to hold her ears a little higher also, haha.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Archer is now 7 months old. He just got his NTD “Novice Trick Dog” title today. He weighs in at 58.4lbs and is 23” tall. Love this guy!

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Archer is one today! By 8 months Archer got his Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced trick titles, and he got his Expert trick title when he was 11 months old. His obedience is great, and he has graduated out of his crate. He’s been left loose in the house while I was gone a couple times, and nothing was out of place when I got home. He’s the happiest, goofiest, loving life dog I know, which is saying something because I also have a golden retriever! He’s 26”, 78lbs, and will likely top out at 85lbs. Happy birthday, big boy.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Happy birthday handsome Archer. You are one smart and accomplished guy!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Happy Birthday, Archer!

Reactions: Pytheis
1 - 20 of 21 Posts