Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard on the news that Steve Jobs, Apple's co-founder has died. Very sad to lose a person with such innovative ideas.

·
Registered
539 Posts
So sad. I have been an Apple user since 1989. He had such a unique vision.
You just wonder what Steve could have come up with in the NEXT 10 years.
Prayers go out to his family.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Very sad, but it all makes sense now.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I wonder if this is why Apple did not announce the iphone 5 yesterday as expected. Perhaps they knew his death was imminent and decided to postpone.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
So sad, my mom also had pancreatic cancer and was gone in 3 fast months...

·
& Sawyer's & Quinn's too!
2,740 Posts
So sad - What an incredible man with an incredible mind. He was such an innovator for our times. Our children and grandchildren will be studying his accomplishments and ingenuity for generations to come.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
I love the ipad that the retrievers gave to my husband last year for his 50th birthday. DallasGold knows first hand that even with my Mac, I am so computer challenged.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I love the ipad that the retrievers gave to my husband last year for his 50th birthday. DallasGold knows first hand that even with my Mac, I am so computer challenged.
Same here! I just got the iPad 2 for my birthday a few weeks ago and I'm totally hooked and I'd be so lost without my MacBook Pro. I'm so sad to hear about his death. :(

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here are my two favorite Steve Jobs' quotes:

“Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Think Different, narrated by Steve Jobs

And...

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” - Steve Jobs' Stanford Commencement Address

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Here are my two favorite Steve Jobs' quotes:

“Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Think Different, narrated by Steve Jobs

And...

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” - Steve Jobs' Stanford Commencement Address
Along with those, this is also one of my favorites...

"You’ve got to find what you love and that is as that is as true for work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.
If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years role on. So keep looking, don’t settle."

·
Registered
96 Posts
nixietink: So very true!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
It saddened me. I really was inspired and impressed by him. Genius is a word used all too often, like hero, but Steve Jobs was a true innovative genius. The world will miss him.

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,808 Posts
Anyone see the movie Pirates of Silicone Valley that aired on TNT last night?

It was about Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and IBM and how their companies were all started.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts