Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Golden Sunrise Retrievers
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so proud of Megan and Duke! They showed in both the Sweepstakes and the Amateur Owner Handler Class on Saturday and Sunday this weekend in Chicago at the IKC show.

Saturday they took first place in their Sweepstakes Class and the AOH Dog Class.

Sunday they took first in the AOH Dog Class, took AOH Best of Breed AND a AOH GROUP 4 in the Sporting Group!

We never expected to have Duke or Megan do that well! It was a great weekend with alot of beautiful dogs. We also got to meet Mariner, Diva's sire. He is beautiful!

Here are a few pics that I took.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Congratulations to Megan and Duke.

That's me standing in the cream color sweater outside the ring behind Duke in the second picture. We were sitting by you on Sunday, before they went in for best AOH, you asked us to clap for them--we did and they won, YAY! Really exciting about the group placement! We didn't watched groups at all so we missed that. But, again, Congratulations!

·
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations to Megan and Duke.

That's me standing in the cream color sweater outside the ring behind Duke in the second picture. We were sitting by you on Sunday, before they went in for best AOH, you asked us to clap for them--we did and they won, YAY! Really exciting about the group placement! We didn't watched groups at all so we missed that. But, again, Congratulations!
:) I remember! He does so much better with clapping, lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Congrats on the big wins.

·
Registered
21,134 Posts
ahhh, there you are! I had posted that "someone from the forum" took a WELL DESERVED win with an awesome dog and a terrific handler, I was hoping you'd post and share your good news!
I did say hi to your daughter, told her to tell you I said hi.
A great great job! Congratulations!

·
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahhh, there you are! I had posted that "someone from the forum" took a WELL DESERVED win with an awesome dog and a terrific handler, I was hoping you'd post and share your good news!
I did say hi to your daughter, told her to tell you I said hi.
A great great job! Congratulations!

My daughter told me that you said hi! She was so excited that she won! This is her first AKC show and she has only shown UKC twice, so she did good for having limited show experience!

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Now THAT is what the AOH Class is meant to be!! Great to hear that your daughter did so well with the dogs and obviously had a great time!
Congratualtions to you all!!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
whooohoooo way to go!!

·
Registered
21,134 Posts
No, she didn't do good, she did FANTASTIC. If she's inclined in that direction, she could have quite a future in the sport.

My daughter told me that you said hi! She was so excited that she won! This is her first AKC show and she has only shown UKC twice, so she did good for having limited show experience!

·
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, she didn't do good, she did FANTASTIC. If she's inclined in that direction, she could have quite a future in the sport.
She would love to be a handler in the future. She has no urge to do juniors at all, she just wants it to be about the dog, not her.

·
Premium Member
16,423 Posts
Spectacular news. The photos really communicate what a big glittery show it is. You must be so proud of your daughter. Congratulations!

·
Registered
21,134 Posts
I think that shows in the way she handles Duke. It's all about the dog, which gives such a professional, outstanding impression. I was very impressed with her.

She would love to be a handler in the future. She has no urge to do juniors at all, she just wants it to be about the dog, not her.

·
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think that shows in the way she handles Duke. It's all about the dog, which gives such a professional, outstanding impression. I was very impressed with her.
Thanks! She has been reading this thread and gets a smile on her face everytime she reads it!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Hey, I know a couple of those dogs and handlers in those pictures! Wish I could have been there, too bad I am somewhere where it's sunny and warm, missing my doggies.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts