Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just before Christmas, my husband and I watched a couple of episodes of the first season of Downton Abbey and were hooked. We went away on vacation, and when we came back we went to Netflix and watched all the rest of Season 1.
Season 2 started Jan 8 (it is on Sunday nights).

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Yes I'm watching it. I love it! It has a bit of everything in it. Drama, mystery, scandal,romance and humor. The acting is superb. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Yep, I've been catching some of it, too. It's not bad, but just a little bit too soapish for me. Quite entertaining though. :)

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Yes and I'm really enjoying it. I love Maggie Smith and try to watch anything with her in it. I missed the first episode of season two on Sunday - I hope they repeat sometime this week.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1606375/

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Yes and I'm really enjoying it. I love Maggie Smith and try to watch anything with her in it. I missed the first episode of season two on Sunday - I hope they repeat sometime this week.
Downton Abbey (TV Series 2010) - IMDb
I love Dame Maggie, too! She's my favourite in this program - she's so wonderfully dead-pan. I've got Season 2, Ep. 1 on the PVR, I think. I'd be more than happy to burn it onto a DVD for you, if you like.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just finished series 1 and really liked it (and I'm a guy!)

They've got Series 1 for free for Amazon Prime members, and they have posted four episodes of Series 2, but want two bux an episode. I think I'll wait......

·
Pippa and Watson’s mom
611 Posts
Love it, love it love it! And we're watching Upstairs Downstairs in between episodes to keep the momentum going. :)

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
OMG. we love it and are hooked completely!! Is Maggie Smith the Dowager Countess? She's a character!! We watched the 2 hour season premier; it was the fastest 2 hours in television.

We're waiting for Robert to get his come uppence!!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Yes! I love it. I watched the 1st season all in one day sometime last year, and have watched the 1st episode of the 2nd season twice now. I also follow Tom & Lorenzo's recaps of it here: Downton Abbey | Tom & Lorenzo

Also, there are these spoofs of it on YouTube that are hilarious:
(part one) and
(part two). My favorite part is when Thomas asks O'Brien why she's so mean and she says "I think it's because me hair's just knitting." Now I'm gonna have to go watch that again :)

·
Pippa and Watson’s mom
611 Posts
Yes! I love it. I watched the 1st season all in one day sometime last year, and have watched the 1st episode of the 2nd season twice now. I also follow Tom & Lorenzo's recaps of it.

My favorite part is when Thomas asks O'Brien why she's so mean and she says "I think it's because me hair's just knitting." Now I'm gonna have to go watch that again :)
Thank you for sharing these. They’re very funny and perfect examples of British humor ;)

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So did season 2 air the first time last fall? and they are just replaying season 2 this month?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts