Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been here in awhile. Life gets in the way sometimes, so it seems. Anyway, I'd like thoughts on this product. Maggie STILL is biting her hair(usually the rear pants hairs and sometimes the tail hairs). So, as frustrated as I am about this, I wanted to try something more holistic than medicinal(benedryl for example), that wouldn't sedate her. It's from Canada, so perhaps someone knows about it. Hoping to hear your honest opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumping up...
I overlooked mentioning that I think it's a stress/anxiety behvior that Maggie has. Biting at her hairs is a form of stress relief(when left alone). She is an alpha type behavior and although not the perfectly behaved, calm golden I had hoped for(she is just 2 years old), I am passionate about helping her to be healthy and comfortable in her well-being. She is very loving and active. Could be considered high maintenance. It could be she needs more maturing and I need more patience, until that happens, I thought about trying this product.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,617 Posts
I have used some natural herbal blend calmers in the past on some of my previous dogs, results were moderate but not great.

I recently bought a Thundershirt for my Roxy who has a few anxiety issues. I'm having great results with it, no more need for any type of herbal relaxers or sedation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts