Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relatively new at this -- and so far (knock wood) it's all gone pretty smoothly -- I've gotten rid of a few things anhttp://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=42d made a few bucks, win, win.

I sold an item last week -- I had in the auction that payment was requested within 48 hours of auctions completion, I sent and invoice a couple hours after the auction ended and 1 day goes by, I don't hear anything, 2 days go by I don't hear anything 3 days go by -- it's Sunday so I requested the sellers information thinking I would call Monday morning -- right after I do that they wrote me and said

"Hi, sorry I haven't contacted u sooner. I wanted to see if it would be ok to pay this item this coming Wednesday? Thanks"

I had to bite my tongue because I was a little annoyed that they didn't ask if that was OK before they bid -- so I didn't respond thinking -- I really don't have a choice, do I -- so she wrote to me again today asking the same thing -- my question is, do I have a choice? If I say "no" can they give me bad feedback?

Any advice is appreciated

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Well it's already Monday.. I'd probably just wait until Weds and see what happens. Yea it's annoying but it's not like they want you to wait 2 weeks for payment, which would be unacceptable. Sorry.. that's the risk you run when you sell stuff on ebay. I much prefer selling locally on Craigslist for that reason, even though you might not be able to sell it for quite as much.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I sell on e-bay & I've had a number of occasions when I haven't been paid. I do report so they get a bad rating.

In your situation, I'd give them a few more days (be specific) and if they haven't paid by then, report them and relist the item.

I took a break from e-bay for a while because of a situation I ran into. I sold a pair of fur/suede moccasin boots (that had been worn once) for a very reasonable price, charged the actual shipping costs & then the woman accused me of falsifying details on the item. She said that the boots were well worn, were fake fur & suede & wanted not only a full return of $ (including shipping) and me to pay the return shipping costs (which was expensive considering the weight of boots!) She threatened that if I didn't, she'd report me. Considering that I couldn't defend myself because she had the boots, I just gave her back the $ & told her to enjoy them! So much for making any $ on e-bay!

Reactions: 2goldens2love

·
Chelsea
842 Posts
I believe you have to wait 7 days to report them as a non-paying bidder to ebay. I'd just tell them that payment on Wednesday would be fine. If wednesday comes and goes without payment, then report them to ebay as a non paying bidder to get your fees back.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
We have sold many things on ebay over the years. I know it's annoying since you specifically stated in the auction that payment would be expected within 48 hours, but I would just give them until the end of the day Wednesday and see what happens. You can also check their feedback to see if they have a good history with other sellers. If they have really good feedback, I wouldn't be too concerned and just give them a couple more days and they will probably pay. If after Wednesday they still haven't paid and haven't contacted you, you can report them to ebay for not paying. Ebay will then try to contact them and if they don't send payment by a certain date, they can record it as a nonpayment against their account. They can even close their account if they have had nonpayments with other sellers that were reported before. Good luck!

Reactions: 2goldens2love

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That really stinks Gwen -- I remember years ago when I sold my kids stuff on ebay you could leave negative feedback for the buyers, it doesn't look like you can do that anymore

I might be reading it wrong, but it looked to me like they had 4 days to pay and then I could file a non paying bidder complaint -- but I might be reading that wrong.

I figured I didn't have much of a choice in the matter, and I don't have a lot of feedback so I don't want them to leave a negative... -- so what should I do, respond and say that's OK or tell them I'll wait until the end of the day Wednesday or file a report or just sit and wait and see what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts