Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, looking for some suggestions. My friend is getting married in November.. she had PLANNED to get married here in SD where she and her fiance are from, but now I guess found some venue that she just loves in AZ where she lives now, and has decided to have it there now. Major annoyance (but I won't tell the bride that ;) ) as I am a bridesmaid and that will basically mean I'll need to spend some time in AZ and can't just go out there for the ceremony only. This poses a problem because Jeff will be deployed then and I have these 2 dogs to figure out something for. My petsitter here will charge me an arm and a leg to board the 2 dogs for the probably 4 or 5 days I'll need to be out there. So I was wondering if anyone in Scottsdale knows of any petsitters (prefer petsitter situation over kennel type) that I could possibly just have the dogs at during the days for a daycare situation and I'd probably pick them up and have them in my hotel with me (assuming I can find a hotel that allows 2 dogs in a room) at night. I'd prefer to use someone that someone here recommends rather than just picking some random place and hoping they are decent.

Anyone got any ideas?? :)

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
Kerribear lives just east of Phoenix. Scottsdale is north of Phoenix, I think, but maybe she will know of someone. Penny & Maggie's Mom is also from Arizona, but she's lived in Texas for years, so I don't know if she still has contacts in Arizona or not. Not much help, am I?

We stayed in a Hampton Inn in Tucson that allowed pets, but I don't know if there were limits on size or numbers. So maybe check out Hampton Inn in Scottsdale.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!! I was looking online last night at pet friendly hotels in the area... I'm now also considering just leaving Sam with the petsitter here and just bringing Dillon with me.. it might be easier to find lodging with only one large dog.. and Dillon is a lot more mellow and willing to lay around in a hotel room happily than Sam is :)

Don't know for sure yet.. want to weigh all my options!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts