Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really like Pandora Radio mainly because of the variety of music and artist and the fact it's FREE.

If you're listening to it, what kind of music or artist are you listening to?

I like a little of everything with the exception of Rap, Heavy Metal, not a big fan of Country, but do listen to a few artist. I also like Jazz, R & B, Zydeco, Classical Music.

Here's a few of my artists, I could go on forever................

Sade
Adele
Joss Stone
Norah Jones
Sting
Pearl Jam
Eric Clapton
Michael McDonald
Christopher Cross
Phil Collins
Journey
Santana
Fleetwood Mac
Bob Seger
Bryan Adams
The Rolling Stones
Maroon 5
Steve Windwood
Stevie Ray Vaugh
Marvin Gaye
BB and Albert King

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Is that something like XM or Sirius??

Is it for cars? Or anywhere...

My car is too old for that kind of technology LOL.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I love Pandora!! It's almost always streaming at my house. And I see we have similar taste, Carolina Mom. :)

Ninde'Gold, Pandora (Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music) is an internet-based radio, where you can designate an artist, genre, or even a specific song, and then it creates a radio station with similar songs on it. You can thumbs-up or thumbs-down songs it plays to "teach" it what type of music you like, too. You can play it from almost any device that has internet access & speakers.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Loves it! It's my go-to for music. Right now I have my bluegrass/blues station on, so I'm listening to:

Alison Krauss & the Union Station
CCR
Chris Thile
John Lee Hooker
Byther Smith
Nickel Creek
Champion Jack Dupree
Gillian Welch
etc.

Pandora is great once you get a station that plays stuff you like, but it takes some work.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
I really like Pandora Radio mainly because of the variety of music and artist and the fact it's FREE.

I like a little of everything with the exception of Rap, Heavy Metal, not a big fan of Country, but do listen to a few artist. I also like Jazz, R & B, Zydeco, Classic Music.

Here's a few of my artists, I could go on forever................

Sade
Adele
Joss Stone
Norah Jones
Sting
Pearl Jam
Eric Clapton
Michael McDonald
Christopher Cross
Phil Collins
Journey
Santana
Fleetwood Mac
Bob Seger
Bryan Adams
The Rolling Stones
Maroon 5
Steve Windwood
Stevie Ray Vaugh
Marvin Gaye
BB and Albert King
I like a lot of the same artists, but I also really like hip hop, so I would add Blackeyed Peas, LMFAO, Nelly and Usher and several others. Plus lots of current pop artists.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have Pandora on my phone but in areas of iffy reception it cuts out or freezes :( So I usually stick with my iPod. For a party or something tho, Pandora is great for keeping the playlist fresh, rather than shuffling thru a random mix like on iTunes! (i.e. my music consists of everything from Mumford and Sons, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry to NSYNC, Spice Girls and Queen.)

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I listen to Pandora most of the time now, the radio station we've listened to for years, plays the same music everyday at about the same time of day. You can almost set your watch to it.

My son was in town during the Thanksgiving Holiday, he has the Pandora app on his IPhone and had it synced with the Rental car he was using.

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Love. It.

I have it on my phone, too (blackberry) and almost always have it on.

Right now I'm streaming a lot of Christmas music, but I also love movie scores and classical music. :)

·
Registered
850 Posts
Pandora is great! I discovered many "guitar heros" that were new to me:

Joe Stump
Steve Morse
Racer X
Dokken
George Lynch
Buckethead
Eric Johnson
Steve Vai
Gary Hoey
Yngwie Malmsteen
Joe Satriani
Joe Bonamassa
Walter Trout
Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Old Favorites:

Metallica
Robben Ford
Van Halen
ZZ Top
Robin Trower
Gary Moore
Creedence Clearwater Revival
John Fogerty
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Scorpions
Kansas
Foreigner
Journey
Styx
Boston
Jimi Hendrix

·
Registered
525 Posts
LUV Pandora! I stream it at work, at home, and on my iPhone. It's great when I'm out riding, even though it cuts in and out when I'm up in the mountains.

I definitely like your playlist, and have classical, baroque chamber music, and cajun on mine, too.

It's a great way to hear artists that aren't on your local radio station's play list.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a great way to hear artists that aren't on your local radio station's play list.
Absolutely!

Living on the Coast, I can't always get some of the radio stations from the Raleigh area to come into the house, the signal isn't strong enough. I can get them in the car most of the time.

Like I said before, the area station I listen to, plays the same stuff day after day, gets really old after awhile, I like a broader variety. The fact it's commercial free is a bonus too.

Interesting what everyone is listening to, I'd forgotten some artist, I'll have to add them to my list, so Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts