Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We adopted our first golden from her (Butters) and she used to be on here. She hasn't posted or been active since December. The reason I ask is because a friend is looking for a golden puppy and I of course recommend the breeder who gave me my beautiful boy!! Her website is no longer active and she hasn't replied to messages? Anyone know how to get in contact? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I just joined in February so no help here. Just thought I'd bump this up.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I don't know about the breeder, but SGRR had several recent intakes in the 6-8 month old range.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
She hasnt been on since December 08

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I don't know about the breeder, but SGRR had several recent intakes in the 6-8 month old range.
I told her to contact SGRR and that they might have younger dogs and possibly puppies that are not listed on their website. I think they are wanting a 8-10 wk old puppy though.

SheetsSM, are you somehow affiliated with SGRR? We adopted our second Golden from there when he was 1 years old. His name was Christian but we re-named him Koda. He is doing great... he and Butters are inseparable now! The woman that fostered him prior to us adopting him was Susan Sheets... that would happen to be you would it?!?!?!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Yes, I was Koda's foster mom...I've been watching him grow up on this forum. He had a rough start in life so to see what you guys did with him is amazing.

As for your friend, the youngest pup currently "on the books" is 6 mos but there are numerous in the 6-8 month old range which isn't common for the rescue as they usually come in at the 1yr & up mark.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will definitely let her know about the younger pups - thanks for that!

We were told that Koda was an owner turn in but we have always wondered what else was in his past. He has a few quirks that make us wonder - he HATES HATES HATES for his back half to be touched. He doesn't want you to touch his back legs, his tail, his back near his tail... anything! We don't know if he was beaten or what? He also has huge anxiety issues - he wants to be by our sides ALL the time. Which is fine with us, that is why we have dogs... b/c we love them! But it seems to be a fear of his which I wish I could make go away. Also, as soon as I start making dinner he runs and lays under the dining room table. He waits patiently until we are done eating and then emerges... but until the dishes are off the table he won't budge. It is weird because he isn't begging for food. He just wants to be underneath us. Man does he hate it when we eat dinner on the couch =) =)

So, would you mind giving me some insight into what his past was beyond being an owner turn in? I don't care if we weren't told the entire truth... that isn't my motive. I just would like to understand some of his quirks and maybe be able to help him get over some of his fears.

Thanks for volunteering and doing what you do. We love our Koda and I know Butters is pretty thankful to have such a great brother in his life!!!

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Oh no, I didn't want to imply Koda had a secret dark past...he just didn't get the best owners the first go around (a family that welcomed him INTO the home & willing to provide the training & exercise every young golden needs). Koda was the classic "wild child" full of energy & no manners, but a velcro pup who wanted nothing more other than to spend his days playing & being attached to his owners at the hip. I couldn't take a shower without the boy trying to join me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts