Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Personally, i think it is better to get a puppy that has been raised indoors because it will be used to living indoors when you bring him/her home. I haven't herd of the breeder but other than being raised in a kennel they seem to be a pretty legitimate breeder.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh my i must have missed a link on the site where did you find that information about the raising of the pups?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am currently reading a book called Before You Get Your Puppy. It's been a while since we had a pup so I thought I would refresh my knowledge. The books says a pup raised in the house will be a better housed dog because it will be used to the sounds, sights, and smells of indoor/ non kennel living.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kept looking at more and more breeders further away after I realized that they were in a kennel and fell in love with Redgold in BC, I then searched the forum for redgold and was happy to find some owners of redgold babies with great things already said, I called her up and talked to her for a while, she said to email her so she could email me her forms and I am now waiting on an email from her, very exciting!!!!

·
Wyatt Earp
3,595 Posts
One of my dogs was from a breeder who kenneled and the other dog was from a house breeder. Both easliy fit into our home. I would wager a million dollars if I didn't tell you which was kenneled you would not know the difference.

·
Kate
21,688 Posts
Just thought I'd say... puppies raised in kennels is not necessarily a mark of a "bad breeder" or mean that puppy is going to have problems adapting to home life. The easiest puppy we raised (no accidents in the house, no fears or stress related illnesses like coccidia, no eating problems, etc) came from a kennel. It all comes down to how the breeder is handling and raising those puppies.

About the breeder in that link - the main thing I noticed is that while they have a (annoying) website that has pictures of their dogs, they do not provide registration numbers or names so you can look their dogs up.

I've heard of Redgold - and I think there are a few members with very nice dogs from there. Good luck<:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I also found the sprucelane website rather annoying lol, but am about to send a deposit off to Redgold and am feeling really good about it, hubby is as well so we will see if their is a springtime golden in my future, we spent time looking at other breeds and had decided on a flatcoat retriever but we had lots of time to talk about it over christmas break and in our hearts we really wanted another golden!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts