Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! This will be my first Golden Retriever. My boyfriend and I are in our mid to late 20s but know we can't have children so we are looking for a good fur baby to join our small family. Found Rhonda and she seems really cool, her website does have a lot of information of the dogs but honestly never purchased a dog. My first dog was a pup off the streets so when it comes to breeders and what reputable or sketchy. Is there anyone who have gone through her?

Name: Rhonda and Keith Williams
Organization: Rhonda's Retrievers
State: Mississippi

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Hello and welcome! I have moved your tread to an area of the Forum where it should receive more attention.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just checked out the website briefly and many of her dogs don’t have clearances. I would find another breeder if I were you. Where are you located and are you looking for a field or show golden?

·
Registered
9,820 Posts
Hello! This will be my first Golden Retriever. My boyfriend and I are in our mid to late 20s but know we can't have children so we are looking for a good fur baby to join our small family. Found Rhonda and she seems really cool, her website does have a lot of information of the dogs but honestly never purchased a dog. My first dog was a pup off the streets so when it comes to breeders and what reputable or sketchy. Is there anyone who have gone through her?

Name: Rhonda and Keith Williams
Organization: Rhonda's Retrievers
State: Mississippi
Her stud dog Boomer has an inadequate heart clearance, it's two levels below what we'd like to see... and his eyes were last reported @ 12 mo old-
Goldie (bitch the litter is out of) Pedigree: SHR Gloria's Goldie Lox JH has an inadequate heart clearance and her eyes were last reported 12/17.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all your help. I am in Dallas Texas and I'm looking to get a golden retriever with a darker coat as a pet so any suggestions are welcomed

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thank you for all your help. I am in Dallas Texas and I'm looking to get a golden retriever with a darker coat as a pet so any suggestions are welcomed
Check your local golden retriever club for good reputable breeders. Feel free to message me for more help too if you would like. I prefer show type. You can still find them with dark coats. Field goldens are generally going to have a lot more energy and not the “classic” golden look. They are still wonderful, but I would do some research to see what type you really want.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts