Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://buygodoggo.com/
Our neighbors got this ball thrower from their parents for Christmas. Their dog was afraid of it, so he asked if we'd like to try it for Sienna. It was pretty funny as the balls kept coming she didn't know what to do, but did run after them all.

I was hoping I could get some feedback on this as they said they would either sell it to us at a low price or give it to us. I am concerned about Sienna getting too close to where the ball gets launched and being hit in the face (AND my son!) It will also be interesting to train her to put the ball back into the bucket, especially since we are still working on drop it LOL.

I'm also not sure I want to replace the interaction of a Chuck It ball thrower either, but it might be fun to have on hand for variety. I haven't had time to thoroughly look through the website.

·
Cedar's Mom
851 Posts
Could you put it on a table to raise it & avoid the ball in the face? But then that would make returning the balls difficult. Hmmmmm . . . maybe steps up the back side of the table? LOL Looks like fun - Please let us know how it works out!

·
Honey & Isabel
306 Posts
Hi there - Honey had this for Christmas last year! It is FAB! She gets excited when I get it out and it makes a bit of a noise as it's gearing up to 'pop' one out and she has learned to recognise the noises and waits like a cat wating to pounce on her prey! She gets quite close but it's never hit her in the face because it 'pops' out quite high and you can adjust how far it goes! You could put it on a table to raise it up - depends really on how big the space is that you have to use it.

I have sort of trained her to bring the ball back with the idea that she would place it back into the bucket but Honey doesn't like putting her head in the bucket and places the ball right next to the machine!

You can set it to release one ball when you want or a sequence of balls - it's got a remote control too so you can 'pop' one out at random to keep the interest going. It's alot of fun if you have a ball mad retriever like mine!

·
Takoda's Mom
232 Posts
That is what I needed with my "Skipper", he would play catch for hours on end if I didn't say enough or last time. I lost him in April, if he was still with us I would of loved the get it for him, even thou he was 13 + yrs he was a very active dog , until he went blind, I would give anything to play for a day with him and this machine! I sure hope they have plenty of these at the Bridge !!!

Some of my favorite action photos of Skipper. Miss you tons Skipper !! :kiss:

Deb , Leslie and Grace. Takoda never had the pleasure of meeting you.
And our Adam at RB

Attachments

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after all that my darling husband tells me he gave it back to the neighbors today (without telling me) and said they deserve to try and get some $$ for it. He said we can use the Chuck-its. I thought it would be a lot of fun to have, but Dear Hubby can sometimes be a minimalist.... hmmm... I guess unless it is one of his toys! :uhoh: Poop!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is what I need to get for Bama. My arm gets tired before I do. But I do enjoy throwing it for him.

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
A friend of ours let me borrow theres and Maggie and Hootie attacked the machine before the ball even came out.... Figured the chuck it would be safer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts