Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I haven't met the mix yet. But I have met a great little toller. She is smart as a whip and full of energy. She is a great dog. Her owners spend a lot of time training and working with her both in obedience and agility. I think if they wouldn't be doing so much with her she would be one naughty dog. :)

·
Charlotte
6,232 Posts
I don't have one, but I have met a couple. Really nice, sweet temperament. One looks exactly like my Jess except for the putty colored nose. Would love to see a picture of yours. I picked up an interesting book at the library last week, " a breed apart". A lot of history of the toller breed.

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I figure out how to post pictures I will put some up. Rolo is black-nosed, but has the white feet and a huge white splash on his chest. Typical "foxy" little Toller face and huge feathery tail. He looks just like a giant Toller (55 lbs.) He is almost always smiling.

He is quite bright, although he is a little timid. He came from a kill shelter in SC as a stray, and he had obviously never been in a house. Despite all this, he has excellent dog manners.

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
I was sure my rescue Woody was a Toller with maybe a little golden mixed in somewhere...he had all the markings. After a little research his size at 72 lbs was far too large for a Toller and he didn't have the Toller scream. A DNA test showed that he was all golden on one side and a Britney mix on the other.

He's definitely a charmer though...:)

I'd love to see a picture...

Pete

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Drlori

Drlori

I love Tollers-would love to see pics!
Here is how to post pics.
Type your post in this box.
then go down to Manage Attachments
Click on Manage Attachments
Click on Browse
Go to where picture is
Click on picture and on upload
Then click on SUBMIT MESSAGE and you should see the picture. If pic doesn't show up because it's too big, you will need to make it smaller and then attach.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
I would get one someday as a rescue!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondering is anyone here has a Toller/Golden mix as I do?
From what I was told, my Buster is a mix of the two breeds. He is halarious. Great with people. He is smart, but like a cat, only listens if he feels it serves him. 😂 Actually our cat is more playful and fetches. Buster does not retrieve. He eats and he chews, and he demands love.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts