Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am considering getting a puppy from Kellie of LOL-Goldens. The website is Golden Retriever - Golden Retriever Puppies for sale. She is listed on Puppy Referral | prgrco.

There are no reviews for LOL-Goldens on this forum or anywhere on the internet. I could not find any information.

Not sure what to make of it. Is it because no one was disgruntled enough or happy enough to write a post? :)

Has anyone bought a puppy from her?

·
Registered
9,155 Posts
It's probably more that it's a relatively new breeder who doesn't seem to do much showing, and whose pedigrees are kinda bleh title-wise. Comments whether good or bad are usually a function of either big numbers (lots of litters) or success in titling (not UKC or international, those are basically practice venues)
In Harvey's pedigree there are 2 titles in the 5th gen and that's it.
Rain's you have to go back to the 3rd gen behind her to find any titles but it's not a rich pedigree.. just a tad wealthier than his.
What I see on the last breeding, Harvey to Rain last winter- both dogs' eyes are/were out of date.
OTOH- titles aren't everything, if the breeder actually HAS a current eye exam on both dogs she's breeding, and there are no conditions noted (in other words- normal/normal on both dogs and nothing noted) puppies out that way are cost-reasonable compared to the rest of the US (around $1800 from the two breeders I am familiar with, Meritorious and Sorrento both in Sherwood, OR) I'm sure the puppies would be darling and wonderful pets.
If there aren't current eyes, then you should consider whether you are a risk taker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts