Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43,252 Posts

·
Murphy's mom
1,025 Posts
I tried to talk to them two years ago, when I was looking for a new golden puppy. When I emailed them that I was in Columbus OH...they said they don't sell puppies to people in Ohio! Every other breeder I have talked to IN OHIO....has never heard of such a thing. None of the ones I talked to had even heard of Starr Kennels. Too me it said Starr Kennels doesn't want anyone close who can come, and thoroughly check them out.

Just my personal experience...

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
They should happily provide you with at least a 4-generation pedigree and clearances on both parents-OFA for hips and elbows, although some will use PennHip for hips; heart clearance from a veterinary cardiologist; and a recent (within 15 months) eye clearance from a veterinary opthamologist. Good breeders will be able to provide you with the same type of clearances on grandparents as well. If the dog is an import, clearances on grandparents etc. will most likely be European.

The good breeders that I know all are happy to provide this in advance of a visit from you. Most of it is, or should be, readily available on-line.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are getting a puppy from Starr Goldens to add to our family. Starr Goldens has been very helpful and has answered all our questions and some. Thanks to Bradh2238 for all the wonderful things he had to say about his little guy!!! We are very excited about getting our new "kid"!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts