Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

We are in the process of adopting a rescue Golden from Adopt-A-Stray NH, and we were wondering if any of you know of them or have any experience with them. I haven't seen anything on Google that poses any concern, and I emailed the person to ask for references, but I thought I'd also ask here.

His name is Bud, and we're hoping to get him this weekend!

Adopt a Pet :: Bud - Concord, NH - Golden Retriever Mix

TIA!

·
Dog Lover
42,034 Posts
Bud

Bud is gorgeous-congratulations!! Have you met him yet?
Haven't heard anything about them, but that doesn't mean that they aren't wonderful!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The BBB gave them a good rating, with no complaints, which is good. I figured that if there had been problems, they would likely have shown up with a Google search. My hub just wants us to cover all the bases.

Thank you all for your responses! :)

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Haven't heard anything bad about them. Have you talked with them personally to get a good "feel" for them? Anything seem off or raise any concerns? Best wishes to you and let us know how things are going.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been emailing back and forth with the group's founder, and that has been fine. No red flags. My husband is just a bit .... well, paranoid, but maybe that is too strong a word. I've been doing most of the legwork re: our search for a dog to adopt, and so I'm more comfortable with how these sorts of rescues work, given that I've been researching them for a few weeks now.

·
and now Mollie's mom too
1,268 Posts
First let me thank you for rescuing a dog. You are doing a great thing for him.
I think I can explain a few things about rescue even though I am not familiar with this particular one. The fact that the dog is in AK is because that happens to be where the "foster" lives. I am guessing perhaps the rescue in NH had no fosters available up there at the time this dog was pulled from the shelter. This situation happens all the time. Yes, there are a great number of dogs in the south that are transported up north for rescue. I have been told it is because we are more diligent about spay and neuter up north and therefore do not have the large influx of unwanted dogs that you find down south.( And before my southern friends start throwing sticks and stones at me, I am just repeating what I have heard.) :D.
Anyway, you are doing a very admirable thing and I wish you and your new fur friend all the best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts