Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back story : My dog groomer has cancer. Her business is on hold at the moment due to her medical treatment- It's her 3rd bout. My golden never needed a groomer but my 4 yokies do. I just need to find a one time groomer who will do a decent job for a reasonable price. Every place is over $60- My groomer charges $35 each or $120 for 4. Free roaming, less than 2hrs for 4 dogs, and only grooms one clients dogs at a time.

The local polytechic program will attempt to groom them for $25 each- They can't do any worse than me. I say attempt because they are learning and you rather work on bombproof dogs which mine are not. I'm going to look at the place next week. It is only Roxy I worry about- The other 3 never seem to care how they look but Roxy does. They get puppy cuts.

Anyone ever use a grooming/ polytech school for dog hair cuts?

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
When I went to school to be a groomer, our school was a working salon, the teacher makes sure no dog leaves looking unprofessional.

I was in a class of 6 and no one ever had an "oops".

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That's what I thought. I took them to several groomers before with multiple oops before I found her.

Mine behave for the groomer but not me with the buzzer and nail clippers. Whenever I have tried to do my self it has taken over 2 hrs each yorkie without even washing them. They will let me brush them no trouble every day.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
That's odd... maybe its your energy ??

Try turning the clipper on and rubbing the non-blade side down their backs. Let them smell it in your hand, etc.

I find cutting small dog nails terrifying no matter what the breed LOL. I've been bitten one too many times.

·
Beware of Nestle Purina
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They play me like a fiddle. Instead of buckling down to get it done. I give lots of breaks for them. It is more nerves on my part than them. I don't want to make them look bad.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts