Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator Leader
47,694 Posts
So far, other than the Nylabone and Kong chew toys, these Tuffy's are the only toys Kona has not been able to destroy. Her "record" is about 15 minutes to disembowel a "lamb-y" squeaky/crinkly plush. 😁
My bridge girl always tore up her stuffies, she would remove the squeaker, she didn't like anythign that made a noise.

My current boy loves everything that squeaks, the louder the better. He's never destroyed a toy.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kona is what I would describe as "an intentional chewer". I can't say (for certain) that she sets out with the intent of destroying a toy. But, she'll settle in and start working the toy. And, if she finds a weak spot...game over. I've observed her chewing a rope (we no longer have rope toys because they're just too much of a potential hazard for her) and deliberately focusing on a specific section, session after session, until she was able to chew through.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Cute! Mine would have the black edging off that toy in a day. Sadly, the only ones that last a while with mine are the Bark Box ones with a spiky ball inside. I quit Bark Box because we were literally overrrun with blue spiky balls! However, I did recently buy a stuffed animal chick from Rural King. Pilot loves to carry it around. So far it's lasted a week. I watch him super close with it since it's not a dog toy.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cute! Mine would have the black edging off that toy in a day.
I was concerned this would happen with Kona, too. Truthfully, the toy is meant for "fetch" and supervised play, not as a "chew toy". But, it's held up surprisingly well. It's even doing better than the firehose fetch toy. If you want to check into it, it's made by "Tuffy".

·
Registered
939 Posts
I was concerned this would happen with Kona, too. Truthfully, the toy is meant for "fetch" and supervised play, not as a "chew toy". But, it's held up surprisingly well. It's even doing better than the firehose fetch toy. If you want to check into it, it's made by "Tuffy".
Maybe something to look into. Mine intentionally go for any edging and extremities. Anything with arms, legs, wings, tails, or ears will have them amputated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts