Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've heard that putting a nylon stocking(pantyhose) over your hand and brushing your furniture with it, really picks up the cat hair....I'm not sure if it works as well for dog hair or not...haven't tried it... the hair doesn't bother me.

We have plenty of it, one golden...and 4 cats. The 3 indoor/outdoor cats have decided they are pretty much indoor only since winter hit and we lost our cat that was king of the house.

I am lucky though Kylee sheds very little for a golden. I brushed her this morning, first time in about 10 days and didn't even get a brush full of hair.

·
My real name is Mercy
455 Posts
Personally, in my situation, I think I'd rather keep the dog (hair and all) & lose the DH, but that's probably just me. :D

I'm adjusting to the dog hair & have noticed that if I cover the couch with a blanket he doesn't seem to leave so much of his coat behind. Although I must admit, I've pretty much given up on wearing black if I'm leaving the house!

- Trids

P.S. I kind of enjoy the venting...makes me feel safe to do the same!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I let Cooper on the furniture including my bed. The hair does get to be a bit much but I find 3 good brushings a week plus lint rollers EVERYWHERE helps. I've just gotten used to the hair in the car....hes not allowed in the front seat...so if I'm going out and dressed up, I limit the hair on my outfit. One thing that might help is a great vaccuum...for Christmas my parents bought me a really nice one designed especially for pet hair in hard-to-reach areas like under the couch or in corners, etc.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts