Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Golden, DeNovo, has a pretty famous grandfather, and we were just curious if other members share a grandfather, or perhaps more direct line with him--Chuckanut's Party Favour O Novel? Would love to see some pictures from when your Golden was 5-6 months old...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
I'm surprised none of the Chuckanut dogs responded, there are a few on here. Discoverer is one here's a link to his thread http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/golden-retriever-pictures/99873-oscars-life-pictures-new-post.html
He is a grandson of the dog you speak of. Chuckanut's in the Mood is my girl Lucy's great great grand sire. In the Mood was the grand sire of Party Favour. Aren't pedigrees fun? If you click on Lucy's name in my signature it will take you to her pedigree.
Check out the link to the GRF thread and see if you think the boys look alike!
You have a beautiful pup!

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Here's some trivia for you Andy lovers. The Westminster female golden winner (best of opposite sex BOS) is a grand daughter of Andy. Pebwin Hocus Pocus. Pedigree: BISS GCH CH Pebwin Hocus Pocus
She is my girl Lucy's aunt. Slightly different breeding from Lucy, so no Andy in Lucy's past.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here's some trivia for you Andy lovers. The Westminster female golden winner (best of opposite sex BOS) is a grand daughter of Andy. Pebwin Hocus Pocus. Pedigree: BISS GCH CH Pebwin Hocus Pocus
She is my girl Lucy's aunt. Slightly different breeding from Lucy, so no Andy in Lucy's past.
That is pretty cool! I didn't realize how many offspring Andy had until just recently when I was clicking around on K9Data. De Novo's mom is here:

Hunnydew's Tequila Sunrise Party Favour: Pedigree: HUNNYDEW'S TEQUILA SUNRISE PARTY FAVOUR

and his Dad is Moonduster: Pedigree: Can Ch Midas K C Moonduster

We got De Novo from Hunnydew Goldens in Washington.

Interestingly enough, when we were on the trail a couple of weekends ago, I met a lady who had two gorgeous Goldens from Rush Hill. I think they were descendants of Haagen-Daz and/or Rebel? We couldn't get over how similar her Goldens looked to De Novo and it turns out that Haagen Daz is in Novo's family tree! Very cool! Although, having now read some scary posts about Gold Rush Goldens in NJ (I think it's in Andy's 5th generation) and issues with cancer has me a little paranoid. Our last Golden from a BYB in TX passed last September from lymphoma at 9 years and 3 mos... :(

Here's a shot of De Novo I just took (and one from a week ago). He's about 7 mos and 1 week old:

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to mention, Lucy is gorgeous!! I hope we one day have a female Golden in our lives. Wanted to this time around, but chips just didn't fall the right way, but I think my wife is happier being the only lady of the house. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was excited to see to this post, I imagine there are many Andy offspring/grandpuppies/great grandpuppies out there! Our Marlow's grandsire is Andy, her sire is Chuckanut Rio at Allsgold. Andy was beautiful.

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
I spent some of the weekend photographing Andy granddaughter Samantha at my dog training center. She is so gorgeous she catches your heart- GCH Pebwin Hocus Pocus SDHF.

·
432 Posts
I don't personally have a dog from Chuckanut, or in their lines, but they are very close to us. Just a hop skip and a jump across the boarder. I love the look of their dogs though, and considered getting a Chuckanut dog when looking at breeders before I got Ripley. The only reason why I didn't get one was because of all of the paperwork that I would have to do to bring a puppy across the boarder! Maybe next time though!;)

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
Bodhi is a handsome guy!

·
Premium Member
16,403 Posts
Oscar is very nice!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts