Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
guess no one really cares what my dog is going thru but poor everyone else...whatever I'll deal with it myself of find other support groups that care...

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
guess no one really cares what my dog is going thru but poor everyone else...whatever I'll deal with it myself of find other support groups that care...
I am so so sorry for your dogs diagnosis. Any diagnosis like this is heartbreaking but at 5 it must seem unbearable. Everyone’s choice of treatment or not to treat is a very personal choice and I’m sure you’re making the right choice for your pup. I’m sorry your feel like no one cares but I can assure you that is not the case. Perhaps if you feel up to it you can start your own thread and tell us a bit of Your pups story. I will keep him and you in my prayers. Love him every moment of every minute of every hour of every day! Hugs

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I've thought often about what I'd do if my 6 year old was diagnosed with that terrible disease and I think I would do the same. Give him the best life possible for as long as he has left.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm so sorry for what your going through i can't imagine how you feel, please feel free to lean on us here for anything you may need, we are always here.

Lots of hugs for your fur baby your both in my thoughts!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Your golden in pool

It's never easy having to face what you and your dog have to go through. We are all golden lovers here, and I can't speak for everyone but I do feel for every Golden owner here who has lost a dog or is facing having to say goodbye. Sometimes it's hard to send some kind words to everyone here who is facing the tough road ahead of life without their Golden. I'm sure you gave your dog a great life and that is why she has rewarded you with so much love. Whatever decisions you make, they will be the right ones for you and your dog. Thanks for taking good care of your Golden. Your Golden knows she can count on you.

dlm ny country

·
Registered
100 Posts
my dogs name is Allie...I was referencing Charlies owners question about when to let go....It's just so hard to not be so angry at the world!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Val King,
I grieve for you and Allie. I am sorry I didn’t see your posts until right now. The only thing that allowed me to go on when my Tessa was diagnosed with kidney disease (age 14 weeks) and her last weeks before she died 4 days after her 1st bday, was the love and joy we shared every one of those days.
I wanted to celebrate her life and remember that. I did not grieve less, and I do not miss her less (she died June 4th), but all of the good memories do mix in and remind me that I would have taken her home even if I knew what was ahead.
You do have the right to be angry and wonder why the world doesn’t pause, and this I mean with all sincerity,. I did not tell my work friends how bad the last week was for Tessa and did not tell them for several days after. I honestly felt if I spoke of it I would lose my ability to function, and I knew they would not understand how bad it was.
I do know this, after Allie is finally at rest, you will be helped if you can remember that you took some of today’s grief and turn it into “good moments” together - even if you are just sitting together. We know how in touch our Golden’s are with our feelings and Allie takes strength from you. When that’s all we could do, I talked to Tessa about our good times, funny or obnoxious behaviors, her adoration of her “litter mates” (my 17 and 20 year old daughters), and her kitties who loved to pester her.
Sad and happy all mixed into one.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts