Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in all our tax information into the 2011 tax software. We are waiting on one item then we can complete the return and e-file it. Getting a refund this time around so I hope that item gets here pronto! :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I use TaxAct every year and this year they sent me a discount offer if I signed up in November, I think. I started putting our receipts, etc in then so when we got our W-2's and mortgage interest statement a couple weeks back that was the only thing I had left. I already filed and got my refund direct deposited last Thursday. I love refunds :)

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
We are waiting on the IRS to finish the revision of the K1 form (promised for 2-9) then we'll be ready to go.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Doing mine soon! Our taxes are going to be very complicated this year, so I'm not even sure whether we will owe or get a refund, but I just want to know either way soon!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Got my state refund back last wednesday and I just checked my federal should be in the bank on the 1st. Yea!!! I need it as I am out of work right now. Still hoping a bunch of ebay stuff sells too. I want to pay off 2 of the credit cards. That will only leave one with a balance.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use H&R Block at home because it's less invasive with putting other software on the computer (Turbo Tax did that once too often). Since I'm in a state that does not have a state income tax I always try to find the Basic version, instead of deluxe and premium, because I don't need those. I think I got this year's software on Amazon for $18, tax-free and no shipping.

·
Kate
21,677 Posts
Blah. I need to do mine and take care of some of my family members... it's always a pain because I usually owe and they always get refunds. :(

I hate doing taxes.

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
Just finished. Will get a larger refund than last year because of dental expenses this year. Sigh.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Doing them early?! Yikes, I am doing 2010 to 2011! Has to be in by 31 Jan! Last minute as always with me but so hard this year with recovering from my op, trying to find everything and get my brain to work :( I doubt they owe me but I can hope. I have nearly finished so I should know soon. Phew, I hate doing figures and admin stuff.

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
Just waiting on my T4's (not sure if thats what their called in the states) then getting the bf (who's an accountant) to do them for me. Something tells me I won't be getting a lot back, if at all anything. But I thought that last year! lol

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Im still hiding back in the Georgia woods from my 1990 taxes;):curtain:

Just kidding. Will get around to mine in a few weeks. Waiting on 1 more paper.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
We NEVER get a refund..... so we wait until the very last minute. No need to pull money out of savings to pay the government early.:mad:

·
Kodasmomma
1,482 Posts
Hoping to do them this weekend. We are both accountants (neither of us on the tax side). Everyone thinks we know everything about taxes and is always asking us to do theirs...we are both auditors. We hate taxes...getting them done ASAP so they can be out of our way. We bought a house this year though so they will be slightly more complicated! Hoping for a refund!! :)

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
Same with my boyfriend and I. We just bought a house as well. He deals with all the money end because he is an accountant. He does audits a lot on his end as well. I'm just a dental assistant so I know nothing about taxes. I just hope for some money lol

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hoping to do them this weekend. We are both accountants (neither of us on the tax side). Everyone thinks we know everything about taxes and is always asking us to do theirs...we are both auditors. We hate taxes...getting them done ASAP so they can be out of our way. We bought a house this year though so they will be slightly more complicated! Hoping for a refund!! :)
I totally get it!! One of my degrees is in accounting! That is why I do the taxes in our family! Thank goodness for the advent of tax software because it makes it so much easier!

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,645 Posts
Not yet, still waiting on a few documents. The business end of our taxes has to be completed first before we can do our personal taxes. Doubt we'll see a refund again this year. Hoping we dont' have to pay, don't think we will as we are still depreciating equipment.

A couple of years ago, the State of NC with held State Tax Refunds to people because the State had a Cash Flow problem. The State used the Refund money to operate on. People who were entitled to refunds had to wait until Sept. before they got their refunds, there were a lot of very unhappy people in my state, including us.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts