Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Piper has me up at 0530. We had gotten onto a better schedule this week. But my SIL watched our kids and pup last evening and I think when she fell asleep at 7pm, she let her sleep until we got home at 10. Of course I went straight to bed and here we are!

At least it is Sunday and I can have a nap!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Our regular wake up time is 5:30....so we've been up/out/fed and out again :) I am too wussy to walk this morning...it is 4 degrees outside! RAleigh is now zooming....6:30 am is a bit early for the zoomies!!!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
been up for ages...all my boarded dogs have been outside to potty, fed, got fresh water already.
Very cold here, too, it's minus 6 F on the thermometer. They were all doing the "paw dance" real fast this morning.

·
rose
497 Posts
i was up at 6am uk time with the dog but it was actually because the cat decided on a night on the town i panicked and was up looking for him all the blasted nights to spend a night on the town at -7 could haver killed him whenhe did eventually stroll back in the door at 7.30am this morning

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
My Piper, 21mo, is up as soon as it begins to get light outside and looks out the window for squirrels. Paco, the Feist/Terrier mix is the snuggle bug and I have found him still curled up half asleep even after my morning shower. They even have a thing about getting fed. They know when it gets dark it's dinner time.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Flip wakes up at 6 every morning. I let him out and go back to bed. The others don't budge until I tell them it's time to get up. Hopefully Flip will get there someday.

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
Bailey use to get up at 5:30am many morning. She eventually grew out of it and we now have to wake her up at 7-7:30am to go potty. I didn't mind her being up, as I get up very early everyday.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I was so glad when Hank finally out grew the early get-ups. It's been within the past month. I don't mind 6:30am on a warm summer day, but cold, dark and snow...not so much!

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Daisy has always let me sleep as long as I want to -- I've had it too easy! When she changes sleeping spots on the floor, from one side of my bed to the side closest to the bedroom door, that's my cue that she's ready to get up ... but even then, she'll not make a peep until I roll out of bed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Finn has had me up at 0500 every day this week. He crashes around 9-9:30ish every night and I haven't been able to do anything to stop it. The other night we were watching program in the living room and at 9:30 he starts barking at the steps to go upstairs, I thought maybe he was confused and wanted to go out, took him out, came back in, and he started barking at the steps again. Figured I'd fix him then, took him up, put him to bed thinking he'd fuss to be let out and he called my bluff. He was asleep in 2 minutes flat. Needless to say I ended up finishing my program in the bedroom.

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
I usually feed Tess at 6.00, but I put her to bed again after potty and play. This weekend she was exceptionally good, waking up at 7.30...During the week, my son has to go to school very early, so she's up at 5.30. But I always put her back and go back to bed myself as well.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I was going to post that I was up with a sick dog but I knew if I involved in looking at the forum, I wouldnt get back to sleep. And I knew after being up almost all night with 2 sick dogs I needed my sleep.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts