Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you got anything planned this weekend with your pupster?! Or anything special planned maybe without?!
We have just had our bathroom retiled so we have a lot of other choices to make like paint and accessories etc and then we need to plan the kitchen and choose flooring and tiles. Chester will have a couple of special walks over the weekend but we really just have so much we have to get on with as we have delivery deadlines and suchlikes to meet that we cant spare too much time for fun things but our daughters will make up for it instead. :) We may see my parents too, we had some very sad news about a dear family friend of many many years who rang to say her grandson had been murdered so my parents are very upset, we all are. A visit will help cheer them I hope as we have also heard of another close friend in their thirties just diagnosed with cancer. Its been a bad and shocking 24 hours. I am glad to say goodbye to this week...so..hello weekend :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I'm so sorry for your friends. My dear friend's son was murdered on Christmas Eve. It's so difficult to find the right words. We are working on Bentley's training this weekend and trying to figure out a plan for moving in the next couple months. That should be interesting :)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my goodness, how dreadful, who would have thought, yours friends son on Christmas Eve too, just a week apart. It is, no words can ever be enough.
I hope your training goes well, Chester definately needs some work, he has been ill and now hes feeling better the lapse in it is showing and his hormones are getting the better of him ;)
We are doing some home improvements, that is stressful enough, a house move would be lovely but we will wait a year or so. Have a good weekend :)

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
We had a fun weekend planned, but clothes washer decided to die, so will need to shop for another. Hope to get some long leash work done with the kids and if they are good might finally try off leash! Scared!! Sunday will be a blast. My Niece is riding in our big Fort Worth Rodeo (barrels) and we will all go to cheer her on. Such fun, too much greasy food to munch on from the vendors and lots to walk around and look at. Love the smells at the rodeo's!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I sure wish they were longer. Gone way too fast.

Reactions: elly

·
Dakota Katie River's Mom
1,684 Posts
So sorry to hear all the bad news people have had. I'm planning on working with Katie and how to go in a crate in preperation for when she goes through her heartworm treatment. I'm moving a crate into the livingroom and going to start with putting her food a couple of inches in. Each feeding will be put a few more inches in. I have a month to show her a crate isn't something to be afraid of. She learned to come in the house very quickly, but a crate is so different for a dog who was used to roaming at will wherever she wanted to go.

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
I, too, am so sorry to hear about the sad news others have had.

As for us... there is a hike in my dog's very near future. We'll head to the forest trails north of the city in about an hour...

And probably just hanging out later. I like to just be with my dog on the weekend. Watching a movie or whatever. I love when she comes and curls up on the couch with me.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Well I guess Bentley has weekend plans of his own. Can't train a sleeping dog :doh: Maybe he'll have a bit more energy this afternoon. Have a great weekend everyone.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I guess Bentley has weekend plans of his own. Can't train a sleeping dog :doh: Maybe he'll have a bit more energy this afternoon. Have a great weekend everyone.

Thats just too funny! I hope he wakes up ready for action too! :crossfing

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I, too, am so sorry to hear about the sad news others have had.

As for us... there is a hike in my dog's very near future. We'll head to the forest trails north of the city in about an hour
Chester has been on a lovely walk with my youngest daughter up in the countryside on a hillside. He got muddy and found a great long stick to trot along with, almost longer than him and they had great teenager time together :D:D She really loves her pup and they look so great together. Hes lounged out on the kitchen floor now dirty and tired...but happy :) I hope you both had a great walk together and have a lovely together time over the weekend.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
So sorry to hear about all the sad news. It really is true: "when troubles come, they come not single spies, but in batallions". Sending good thoughts to both of you and your families.

We had a fun weekend planned, but clothes washer decided to die...
Yours too?!? Maybe it's a conspiracy. Mine died while I was washing a load, just before the rinse cycle. I now have a pile of dripping wet, soapy linens to contend with. Harrrumph.
As for the weekend, part one of the plans has taken place. This:
01-21-12 281.jpg
And this:
01-21-12 246.jpg
And this:
01-20-12 967.jpg
Part two is likely to be astonishingly similar to part one. :p:
(And I promise to stop flooding this board with pictures now ... maybe.)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Oh look at how happy Toby is in the snow. Those are beautiful pictures. Don't you dare stop posting them :)

Bentley finally woke up and we worked on some training. I guess that 10 minute session was just too much for him because now he's back to napping. At the rate we're going he'll be 5 and still not well trained.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh no, Deber and tobysmommy, thats bad luck..washing machines are a must and terribly missed when they break down! By the way I sooo love the washer dryers I use in the rental homes on holiday in Florida when we come over! The washer is a top loader and the dryer is above it on a stand. You can do a real quick wash with it too! They are fabulous and I would love them over here! My kids joke and say that doing the washing is the highlight of my holiday!
I love the snow photos! Wow, no snow here so far, last year we had a lot, this year..nothing! Stay warm!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Oh no, Deber and tobysmommy, thats bad luck..washing machines are a must and terribly missed when they break down!
Indeed. *sigh* And my machine is barely two years old. Waaaayyy too young to break! Moof. :( Then again, my grandmother washed everything by hand for much of her life. We don't realize just how spoiled we are!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
We had upland training today. It was so cold. my fingers are still kind of numb. I think with the wind chill factor it was around -15 or so. But it was worth it as BaWaaJige did awesome. He honored like a pro. Brought back his retrieve to hand YAY. Quartered like he was born doing it he flushed his bird listened to my verbal signel to wait and did a great retrieve ( not to hand had to show all the guys his bird :) ) but he did bring it in the end. Then he fulshed his second bird I made a mistake and let him get too far ahead of me but he came right back when I whistled and called his name. So it was a great saturday.
Tomorrow I will be in Walker and I hope to work on off leash training...yikes. I hope it is warmer Walker is right on the lake so cooolllldddd. :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Good boy Jige it sounds like you all had a very successful day. My lazy boy cooperated for about 20 minutes total so we'll try again tomorrow. He should be well rested.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I wish all that training would have settled him down but when we got home he played outside for another 45min. Then came in and wanted to do more. He was full of ....you know what ...today.

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
I dognapped my brother's dog yesterday so Ranger got to have a sleep over and two day long play date with his best friend! After a week of -30 to -40 temps, the dogs had crazy cabin fever! They couldn't even run normally! They were either getting mad zoomies or leaping straight up into the air like deer while chasing each other.

They spent two days going for walks, wrestling in snow, eating stuffed kongs, cheweing bones, making snow angels, playing tag inside and outside the house, tug of war, bitey face, and then napping together only to restart everything an hour later. I went to the market today and grabbed 2 weeks worth of meat for both Ranger and Blue, stopped at the pet store and bought some tripe and cookies for the dogs, too. Ranger just had a "maple glazed duck" cookie and loooved it. He's now passed out asleep!

Tomorrow, he's going for a 60 min walk in the afternoon and if there's no one around, he'll get to go off-leash. He's only recently graduated to off-leash walks since he still likes to run off as if a demon is chasing him. Then another stuffed kong since he's losing weight this winter!

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
Chester has been on a lovely walk with my youngest daughter up in the countryside on a hillside. He got muddy and found a great long stick to trot along with, almost longer than him and they had great teenager time together :D:D She really loves her pup and they look so great together. Hes lounged out on the kitchen floor now dirty and tired...but happy :) I hope you both had a great walk together and have a lovely together time over the weekend.
Well, the sun came out and warmed the day (and helped melt the dusting of snow and ice on the sidewalks) so since I decided I'd actually be able to do MY run outdoors, I changed Tee's plans, and we went to the park to play two-ball fetch with the Chuck-It. THEN - after my run - we did indeed lounge around watching TV together. It was perfect.

We may well do that hike today. In fact, for sure. Your pup's walk sounds lively - a muddy dog is a happy dog. Mine also pick up massive sticks along the way - like a metre long or more. She looks hilarious, but so proud carrying it along!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts