Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bruno...uuno...noo..unn.
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=339950

i've plan to buy one of the male puppy....... not show quality, cause the tail bending failure (S shape) so the breeder want to sell with cheaper price as pet quality.....

any thought about the pedigree??

the father (creeksidefrm) is number 1 golden retr. champion nowadays in my country

thanks

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I'm not into showing or pedigrees so I can't really offer an opinion. I do see sever CH's in there witch I'm pretty sure mean the breeders are active in the show world. Do the parents have health clearances for hips, elbows, and eyes? It is a pretty common thing to ask for here.

·
Bruno...uuno...noo..unn.
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not into showing or pedigrees so I can't really offer an opinion. I do see sever CH's in there witch I'm pretty sure mean the breeders are active in the show world. Do the parents have health clearances for hips, elbows, and eyes? It is a pretty common thing to ask for here.
the father yes, it has all of them.....
but the mother didn't has, cause it breed in own country, no need such a thing here

·
Bruno...uuno...noo..unn.
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not a pedigree that I would want, but if the clearances are in place and the puppy is to be a pet, is healthy, and has a temperament/disposition that you like, then go for it!
whati's the meaning : clearances are in place?

it's on other city, so i never actualy saw him except through a photo.... but yes, he is a reputable breeder

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
OFA (or equivalent in your country) health clearances.

Hips, Elbows, Eyes, Heart.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Is it possible to find dogs there with some sort of clearances? Obviously if there's no equivalent to OFA clearances in your country then there's not much you can do about it. But if there is any way to verify the health of her hips/eyes/elbows/heart, it should be done. A certificate to prove it's a purebred golden says absolutely nothing about the health of the dog.

·
16,000 Posts
I am very bothered by dogs bred here in the US, not clearing one or another of the clearances required here, finishing championships and then being sold for large sums to foreign countries (usually Asian counties) and the being bred there. I am always surprised when I see some of the US kennel prefixes.

·
Bruno...uuno...noo..unn.
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it possible to find dogs there with some sort of clearances? Obviously if there's no equivalent to OFA clearances in your country then there's not much you can do about it. But if there is any way to verify the health of her hips/eyes/elbows/heart, it should be done. A certificate to prove it's a purebred golden says absolutely nothing about the health of the dog.
no, it is not possible
the father has clearance because it was imported from brazil (if i'm not mistaken)
but the mother locally bred, even got her champion title in indonesia and thailand......

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I would be very concerned about the mother since she has no clearances (Hips, Elbows, etc). Even though she was bred in Thailand, she is from American lines and although I can't say anything about mother in terms of her health, these problems can show up in most lines of American (and all) goldens. The owner of the mother could have done the clearances. The OFFA will accept foreign submissions for clearances.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts