Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our dog breeder told use she tells all her owners to use NuVet Plus. Anyone else using it ? and would you recommend it?

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
No, I don't use it nor do I recommend it. It seems to be one of the pyramid type things, where if you get other people to use it, you get a break on your supply, or money, or something.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
In addition, no where on their site ( at least as of about a year ago) does it have amounts of what it consists of. I would never give my dog something that is so elusive.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I agree with those who are skeptical. One of our boys is from a less-than-stellar breeder and in our contract it says he MUST stay on NuVet for the first two years or his warranty is voided. I should have known better! There are much better supplements on the market if you need them. We kept Bogey on NuVet for 6 months but didn't feel he was getting anything out of them.

I'm not a nutrition expert, so I can't advise you on what are good supplements - consult your vet if you are concerned about that. But if your puppy is on a good food and in good health chances are you don't need anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts