Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was referred to this breeder from Manitoba, Canada who is apparently CKC registered. However I found nothing online, no reviews, no info other than his Kijiji ads.

The person who referred him to me sent me a photo of his CKC certificate and his contact info.

Anyone here have a dog from them? Their insta is not public. I've asked to join but haven't been allowed entry yet.

Nothing on k9data.com either.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,081 Posts
I live in Saskatchewan and have never heard of this "breeder". I know there are several people in Manitoba who call themselves breeders. Personally I would steer clear of most, if not all, of them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke to this breeder on the phone out of curiosity. Here is what he is all about...

For the price he is asking for CAD $2750, he delivers the pups to Pearson airport from Manitoba.

He texted me back the following:
  • a list of about 20 names and numbers which are supposedly his customers. Many of those numbers are from the Toronto area code where I live.
  • his driver's licence and a family picture to show that he was the one I was talking to.
  • the CKC letter of commendation for being a "Long Service Member" of 20+ consecutive years
  • OFA certificate photo of another dog (https://www.ofa.org/advanced-search?quicksearch=gr-129064e24m-vpi) which apparently one of his females was bred with which I think is from https://www.goldenretrieverhaven.com
The parents of the litter I was inquiring about don't have their clearances yet. He said that due to the demand he bred them by the "second heat". Not sure if this is a red flag or not. I did look up the name on CKC website and he's listed there along with the name of the breeder listed on the OFA certificate.

He mentioned that he takes 8 deposits (4 for male and 4 for female) and if there are more then he let's the instagram followers @Valleaviewgoldens know of the availability. There is a 1 year guarantee on his pups for hip/elbow, etc.

Even if he checks out for all the clearances, etc. how do I know that the pup i'm getting is the one who's parents were who I was led to believe? I mean, he's a 1000 miles away in another province LOL. How am I to reach him if anything goes wrong. Also, the biggest thing is the choice factor. He said he'll send over pics and vids of the pup but there is no choice factor left. I would want to feel the puppy out before I take it home.

I'm obviously not going to opt in for this person's litter. He may be legit but the lack of online presence / reviews + the fact that he's not in my province makes this not my cup of tea.

Treat this post as more of a PSA

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
The fact that he chose to breed his dogs without final clearances (I assume to make $ off the current demand) would mark him a an unethical breeder in my book. I also don't like that he's willing to ship you a puppy without having ever met you.

That said, be aware that most reputable breeders will want to choose the puppy for you. They know their puppies best and will want to match you with a personality that is most likely to match your needs and lifestyle. The best you can hope for is that they'll narrow it down to 2-3 pups that all seem to be good matches and then let you choose from those, but most reputable breeders will not let you choose a puppy based on whether you like their look or feel a "bond" with them...

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,081 Posts
I know who you are speaking of now. I would encourage you to look elsewhere. And the price he is charging is absolutely ridiculous.

What province are you in? I'm sure we can point you in the direction of some ethical breeders.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats @Laurie Im in Ontario in the Toronto area.

I've contacted a number of breeders so far (21 to be exact) and my top 3 choices are Greylaur, Tomiskaway and Stormynights. Im on all 3 waitlists but they are all in the Fall/Winter 2021 or Spring/Summer 2022 timeframe.

I know im overreaching when I say that I would like to have a Spring/Summer 2021 pup. It's just that it's better to set routines with my kid and housebreak the pup when the weather is nice. Winters are not very forgiving and its kind of a pain to put clad up every time the pup needs to go.

Im continuing to search for other breeders incase I've missed any names. Any names you can provide are highly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,081 Posts
I can recommend Luchan as my youngest boy is from there. Deb is a very diligent breeder and does a wonderful job in rearing her puppies. I know she has a litter planned for around May but that litter is already spoken for. I believe she is planning another litter in 2021 but again, I'm sure it's reserved. But maybe contact her regardless.

You can also try Ambertru, Kyon, Goldpaw, Ambercroft if you haven't already.

Good luck.....I know how hard it is to find a puppy these days!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Laurie. I had contacted all on your list except Goldpaw.
Unfortunately, all of them are reserved for this year and then some lol - Goldpaw included.
I’ll keep looking but hoping one of my 3 wait lists dings this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I spoke to this breeder on the phone out of curiosity. Here is what he is all about...

For the price he is asking for CAD $2750, he delivers the pups to Pearson airport from Manitoba.

• a list of about 20 names and numbers which are supposedly his customers. Many of those numbers are from the Toronto area code where I live.
  • his driver's licence and a family picture to show that he was the one I was talking to.
  • the CKC letter of commendation for being a "Long Service Member" of 20+ consecutive years
  • OFA certificate photo of another dog (Advanced Search | Orthopedic Foundation for Animals | Columbia, MO) which apparently one of his females was bred with which I think is from https://www.goldenretrieverhaven.com
The parents of the litter I was inquiring about don't have their clearances yet. He said that due to the demand he bred them by the "second heat". Not sure if this is a red flag or not. I did look up the name on CKC website and he's listed there along with the name of the breeder listed on the OFA certificate.

He mentioned that he takes 8 deposits (4 for male and 4 for female) and if there are more then he let's the instagram followers @Valleaviewgoldens know of the availability. There is a 1 year guarantee on his pups for hip/elbow, etc.

Even if he checks out for all the clearances, etc. how do I know that the pup i'm getting is the one who's parents were who I was led to believe? I mean, he's a 1000 miles away in another province LOL. How am I to reach him if anything goes wrong. Also, the biggest thing is the choice factor. He said he'll send over pics and vids of the pup but there is no choice factor left. I would want to feel the puppy out before I take it home.

I'm obviously not going to opt in for this person's litter. He may be legit but the lack of online presence / reviews + the fact that he's not in my province makes this not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Thats @Laurie Im in Ontario in the Toronto area.

I've contacted a number of breeders so far (21 to be exact) and my top 3 choices are Greylaur, Tomiskaway and Stormynights.

Im continuing to search for other breeders incase I've missed any names. Any names you can provide are highly appreciated. Thanks!
I would remove my name from Tomiskaway's waiting list. Not a place I would get a puppy.

Have you tried Labyrinth and Down to Earth? Make sure you independently verify clearance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would remove my name from Tomiskaway's waiting list. Not a place I would get a puppy.

Have you tried Labyrinth and Down to Earth? Make sure you independently verify clearance.
Thanks for that. Unfortunately both of these breeders have closed their waitlist for the remainder of this year.
I have also heard a lot about Tomiskaway after I put this post up from other sources. I will not be pursuing a puppy from there anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do not buy a puppy from this breeder. I’ve had a terrible experience. When I went to pick my pup up there were about 40 other puppies in a trailer. My puppy had a bacterial infection and was pooping blood and he has just been diagnosed with hip dysplasia at 5.5 months. The breeder has not taken any responsibly and asked if I have pet insurance which I do but because he’s been diagnosed so young he is not covered. I asked to see the family tree and hip scores of the parents but the breeder had excuses why this info isn’t available. Do your research before purchasing a puppy and I recommend anyone stay away from this breeder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was referred to this breeder from Manitoba, Canada who is apparently CKC registered. However I found nothing online, no reviews, no info other than his Kijiji ads.

The person who referred him to me sent me a photo of his CKC certificate and his contact info.

Anyone here have a dog from them? Their insta is not public. I've asked to join but haven't been allowed entry yet.

Nothing on k9data.com either.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Don’t trust that breeder. He didn’t show the health results (he didn’t do it), he also breed dogs before 1 year old. He pretend to be ethical but he doesn’t respect the contract he signed!

·
Registered
4 Posts

• OFA certificate photo of another dog (https://www.ofa.org/advanced-search?quicksearch=gr-129064e24m-vpi) which apparently one of his females was bred with which I think is from https://www.goldenretrieverhaven.com

Don’t trust this breeder. He breed dogs without testing them, because he payed his membership with CKC doesn’t mean he is doing the certification before breeding. The demand doesn’t justify breeding a dog that is not finished developing (less than 2 years old ). He can’t show the proof of the testing = he didn’t do it. He breed multiple breed and they are living in a different facility. Warranty should be minimal of 2 years as the dog growing up to 2 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts

• OFA certificate photo of another dog (Advanced Search | Orthopedic Foundation for Animals | Columbia, MO) which apparently one of his females was bred with which I think is from https://www.goldenretrieverhaven.com

He's a lying conman who doesn't care about the dogs he breeds or supposedly breeds and sells or the people whose homes he's sending them to. Lies about their parents blocks you if you ask for any information and I'm reporting him in every page I can find. I came across is Craigslist ad while I was trying to rescue a dog in beginning of COVID. I paid a deposit like two or two other people from the lower mainland of BC did. We were told the dogs will be coming from Manitoba it turns out he sold us dogs from a totally different breeder that he did not breed and they came from Ontario and then we're flown to Manitoba all within 24 hours which when we found this out it was very upsetting the information on the Canadian Kennel club certificate very clearly shows it's from a different breeder. My dog is now 22 months old and extremely sick and I left this until now because I thought what's the point of chasing after a scammer he's a scammer but I reached out to him in the hopes of him having a change of heart and just being honest with me so I could find out some details about where my dog actually came from and speak to the vets involved in case that would help me help my dog and this piece of garbage has now blocked me and will not help me. DON'T DEAL WITH HIM. He's a total fraud abusing animals for profit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone who has purchased a puppy from Valleaview please contact me. Moving forward CKC should be able to do something. Please specify if your puppy was purchased in Manitoba or from the broker in Langley BC

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone who has purchased a puppy from Valleaview please contact me. Moving forward CKC should be able to do something. Please specify if your puppy was purchased in Manitoba or from the broker in Langley BC

Hello,

my name is Zachary, I live in toronto.

I also got scammed by Kyle and his wife Jenn.
I’m so mad at myself for not doing more research before purchasing this puppy who is now one years old. He’s a sweet boy but has some skin irritations , came
With giardia like all the other puppy’s and most recently now resource guardingh aggression. Which is very strange for a “Labrador” … Quiet the handful right now.

just wanted to reach out as I just discovered this Forum. Definitly an eye opener. In my gut I had a feeling something was off with these guy but it is what it is now.
thank you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts