Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got home from work and Toby's left eye is kinda bloodshot/purplish where it should be white when he looks to the side you can see it and it is leaking a ***** looking fluid, Its not gushing out but I cleaned it off and within 1 hr it was wet again, his right eye is fine ..

I am goin to take him to the vet in the morning but is there anything I could at home right now?

he has no swelling on his face or around eye, his ear was a little warm yesterday but I figured it was cause he was laying on his side on it but today his ear is fine, eye isn't :confused:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Definitely worth a trip to the vet. My guess would be either he has some sort of infection or he scratched his cornea. Possibly both. Is it irritating him? Don't let him rub or scratch it. If he won't leave it alone, and you have an elizabethan collar, I would go a head and put it on him.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he hasnt bother it at all and I can touch all around his eye and he dont seem to mind .. I took a damp cloth with cold water and cleaned it and he didnt even flinch.. he just wanted to take the cloth after I was done cleaning it LOL

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I am glad that you are taking him to the vet in the morning. My old guy Beau years ago, hurt his eye and overnight it went just like Toby. He had scratched his cornea. Good luck and let us know what they say. Hopefully it will be nothing to serious.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we went to the vet today he has a infection in his left eye kinda like I was afraid of .. my regular vet was out of town so I had to go to another vet that has not seen Toby before .. :(

The vet did a florescein eye exam, then got a antibiotic injection, shot of depo medrol,

then bnph ointment, novo lexin for the next 10 days ...

I wasn't worried about the pocketbook to much, Id do anything for Toby .. total bill was 200 bucks .. I know my regular vet would have been cheaper cause he is really good with me, but he was out of town till Tuesday and I wasn't leaving this until then

1 - 6 of 6 Posts