Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I hope y'all are well today.

Does anyone have any experience with Whitgold Goldens? I am in the process of doing research on goldens, and I have used the search function to find the consensus reputable breeders in the state, but I saw no mention of Whitegold Goldens, good or bad in any of the threads that I read.

They seem to have some good info on the site.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

·
I shoot, they fetch.
2,188 Posts
Their website is full of red flags. Their boy Dutch has been bred at least twice without having final clearances--he will not be two until February 24th, and on their site one litter is already born and the other is due shortly. His hip & elbow numbers are is prelim only. They refer to the dogs as being white--Golden retrievers are not white, platinum or any other of that nonsense. They parrot the nonsense about there being less incidence of cancer, and they only guarantee elbows for a year--but OFA won't do a final clearance until 24 months!

Here is a far better place to start looking if you are interested in the English style. English Goldens in North America - Litters - Breeders - Stud Dogs

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
I was keeping my fingers crossed that maybe, just maybe, the breeders last name was white and that is why they had used 'white' in their kennel name....but no such luck...

The SummerXDutch and SullyXDutch litters due in a few weeks ...
Both bitches are under age and bred on prelims.

Coincidentally the sire to both litters lives under the same roof! Imagine the luck!

Love how they brag about their dogs having Champion bloodlines...but they clearly don't think 'they' should have to invest in titles for their own dogs...

I didnt even bother to look any deeper...

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Just the name 'Whitegold' turns you off.

·
Elizabeth1st
1 Posts
Hello!

I hope y'all are well today.

Does anyone have any experience with Whitgold Goldens? I am in the process of doing research on goldens, and I have used the search function to find the consensus reputable breeders in the state, but I saw no mention of Whitegold Goldens, good or bad in any of the threads that I read.

They seem to have some good info on the site.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance!
I do know this breeder if it is the same person (Galina Bolshoy). She also breeds Siberian cats. Let me know if the name is correct: www.whitegoldbreeder.com
Her business is in her home and she seems very ligitimate if a little unusual

·
Maxwell & Ruby's PR Agent
1,024 Posts
I do know this breeder if it is the same person (Galina Bolshoy). She also breeds Siberian cats. Let me know if the name is correct: www.whitegoldbreeder.com
Her business is in her home and she seems very ligitimate if a little unusual
It's such a coincidence that when a less than reputable breeder is exposed for their breeding practices here on this forum, somebody always pops up and tries to legitimize the breeder with their very first post.

I mean, it's uncanny.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Here is a far better place to start looking if you are interested in the English style. English Goldens in North America - Litters - Breeders - Stud Dogs
On the list provided of breeders, Sallie and Dennis D'Asaro of Darrowby Kennels are listed. The sire of my boy was bred by my breeder, Elaine Brent, and Sallie. This kennel was also the one that took in a pregnant girl of Elaine's when she needed some help due to unforeseen circumstances. They drove from New York to Ohio to pick her up, whelped the puppies, helped place them, and then returned Waggin' and a few pups back to us (she had a large litter of 10+). At least, I believe this was her. Gorgeous dogs. I consider her a very reputable breeder. I forget where you are located, but just remember that finding the right breeder is definitely worth the trouble! Good luck :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's such a coincidence that when a less than reputable breeder is exposed for their breeding practices here on this forum, somebody always pops up and tries to legitimize the breeder with their very first post.

I mean, it's uncanny.
This probably won't win me any friends, but I felt I needed to post it anyway. I did a very quick check on the website that Elizabeth1st posted and this breeder does seem legitimate (am not sure that it is the same breeder that the OP that posted originally is talking about) .. both the dam and sire on the site are Canadian Champions and the sire is listed on K9data ~ he has all his clearances including thyroid .. couldn't find the dam, but I had a bit of a hard time reading her pedigree .. ~ again, I didn't spend a lot of time on the site, but verifying the sire's info made me question some of the comments that were made. I have owned a Chrys-Hafen dog and I know them to be a reputable breeder and I doubt that they would allow another breeder to breed one of their girls without proper clearances.

I do NOT know the breeder in question, nor had I even heard of them before today, but I was interested to see what their site said. BTW the sire was born in 2007 .. I didn't check the dams DOB. I think we need to be a bit more careful as there could be comments made prematurely that damage the reputation of an otherwise decent breeder ... let's not be too quick to jump to conclusions.

·
Registered
355 Posts
This probably won't win me any friends, but I felt I needed to post it anyway. I did a very quick check on the website that Elizabeth1st posted and this breeder does seem legitimate (am not sure that it is the same breeder that the OP that posted originally is talking about) .. both the dam and sire on the site are Canadian Champions and the sire is listed on K9data ~ he has all his clearances including thyroid .. couldn't find the dam, but I had a bit of a hard time reading her pedigree .. ~ again, I didn't spend a lot of time on the site, but verifying the sire's info made me question some of the comments that were made. I have owned a Chrys-Hafen dog and I know them to be a reputable breeder and I doubt that they would allow another breeder to breed one of their girls without proper clearances.

I do NOT know the breeder in question, nor had I even heard of them before today, but I was interested to see what their site said. BTW the sire was born in 2007 .. I didn't check the dams DOB. I think we need to be a bit more careful as there could be comments made prematurely that damage the reputation of an otherwise decent breeder ... let's not be too quick to jump to conclusions.
But if you look again at the sire's pedigree, his sex is listed as "dog" and you cannot enlarge either the dam's or puppies' pedigrees... Hmmm

·
Registered
355 Posts
Newby, I don't think so. It says he's CKC registered, but that is not even what a CKC pedigree looks like. I would run as far in the opposite direction from this breeder as possible. But that's just me. After messing around on Darrowby's website, I actually found Kuyani's dad though :) He's on the "liaisons" page: Darrowby's One Ash City of Dreams "Frost."

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I may be wrong (I just skimmed the previous posts), but I think OP and Elizabeth1st are talking about two different breeders. OP is located in Norfolk, Va. There is a White Gold Goldens in Rice, Va., which would be relatively close (3 hours).

White English Golden Retriever Puppies Breeders - Whitegold Golden Retrievers

The one Elizabeth1st posted about links to a totally different site. I didn't look too closely at where it was located.

Sterregold, Megora and LibertyMe appear to have posted about the Virginia breeder.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Didn't catch that, but I'm still not a huge fan. I only checked the k9 data site, but many of their girls either only have prelims or don't have all their clearances. Maybe someone with a little more experience could better say, though, because I'm not very good at checking sites haha :)

·
Maxwell & Ruby's PR Agent
1,024 Posts

Pedigree: Can Ch Trewater Secret Romance for the sire

Pedigree: Chrys-haefen Unforeseen Chance for the dam

1 - 20 of 29 Posts