Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

As you all know, Golden puppies are hard to come by these days.
We lost our boy, Jack, at 6 years old this past July to prostate cancer. He had a list of issues including blind in one eye at birth, a cataract in the other eye, allergies & bad arthritis.
We want to be VERY careful this time around and make sure we find a reputable breeder.

Silver Butte Golden Retrievers in ID has a boy available, but they seem newer at breeding and we want to be sure we make the right choice. I have attached sire & dame info. If anyone can give me any input on this pairing I would appreciate it.
Here is the link to the sire & dame:

Pedigree: Leia X Blake

We appreciate any input. We love Goldens, but aren't experts and want a healthy boy for our family.

Lindsay

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would pass on this puppy. Insufficient clearances on parents which means a higher chance that this puppy will have the same issues as your last golden. Also, I looked on their website really quickly and saw they would have 10 litters ready or planned around January-March. That is way too many litters in such a short time span. Everything points to this being a puppy mill with a pretty webpage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would pass on this puppy. Insufficient clearances on parents which means a higher chance that this puppy will have the same issues as your last golden. Also, I looked on their website really quickly and saw they would have 10 litters ready or planned around January-March. That is way too many litters in such a short time span. Everything points to this being a puppy mill with a pretty webpage.
Blake is not old enough for clearances- and Leia has no heart or eye on OFA, and only one of her parents has any OFA clearances and her full sibling has dysplasia- Advanced Search | Orthopedic Foundation for Animals | Columbia, MO
Thank you for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts