Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
3 goldens
11,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
She started falling so much again that I have decided that for the moment I am going to give up the pheno. Poor think would fall back in her own poop. end up sitting down when she peed, struggle so hard to get up. I am not sure it is worth it tooth's to her. If her knees and hips were not already so bad, it would be easier on her, but such a struggle for her. We go back to the vet in a week and I will talk things over with him and see what we can do for this sweet soul.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about Sophie struggling - it brings tears to my eyes. I wonder if a walkabout harness could help to steady her back end. link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Walkabout-Harness-Medium-Large/dp/B000301EKM

We used a harness when my German Shepherd lost most of the strength in his back end. Very similar to what Sophie is struggling with. I don't remember the brand we bought, there weren't very many on the market back then. But it helped us help him.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Poor Sophie. I hope stopping the pheno will help her. Hopefully your vet will have some thoughts. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
Registered
17,879 Posts
Positive thoughts and prayers continuing for your sweet Sophie.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts