Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First all let me say hello. I just joined but have been reading for a while now. We just lost our 15 year old golden mix 3 weeks ago. He was failing and you could see the end was near. After 15 years of having a dog, it is so strange not to have one. He was a shelter dog, I brought him home at 8 weeks. He was the best!!

Now here I am 15 years later. I love, love the look and temperament of the golden and am at a point in life that I can also afford to purchase a purebred. I am married with twin 8 year olds. My boy especially has a love for dogs.

I never imagined how difficult it would be to find a reputable breeder. I have asked my groomer whom I know has many goldens who go to her doggy daycare, as well as asked my local vet. Neither was able to provide any recommendations of breeders to look at around this area.

I contacted the breeder referral contact on the Yankee Golden Retriever Club Website. She in fact has a litter that will be ready at the end of January. She was very informative but is the first person I talked with.

So any suggestions on breeders in MA? Or even NH? We are on the North Shore. I was hoping to take home a puppy anytime mid Feb to May.

Thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,151 Posts
Considered adopting a young adult from a golden retriever rescue group? We did. Our current golden, Andy, was about 1 or 2 when we got him 9 years ago. Couldn't ask for a sweeter boy. Puppies all grow up quickly anyway. You already know their temperment, size, etc. Just a thought ....

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
In NH, Watersedge in Bow and Profile in Barrington.

·
SunKissed Goldens
975 Posts
I have a friend in Holderness, NH expecting puppies next month sired by one of my boys. You can message me if you'd like her contact information. :)

We are expecting puppies in March, but at this point they are all spoken for.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sungold,
Saw your site and looked into your "Night" litter and found they were all spoken for. See the contact info for your friend in Holderness, will make contact with her. Tried to send you a PM but since I am so new to the boards, am not allowed to yet.

Thanks all for your responses!!! Can't wait to find my breeder and begin my wait for our new addition!!! I so miss having a dog in our house!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts