Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Loves His 2 Goldens!!
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Been a while! Emma is 8 months old now and doing great. I'm sure some of you have seen posts by me trying to stop her from tackling legs, biting and nipping well I have been working on being very calm and stern with her and I am not sure if it is just her growing out've that stage or what but for the past week now she has maybe tried it a few times but when I say "NO" she stops and looks up at me.

She never listened to anything it was like I could not get to her. I have been so happy for the past week or 2 now that we can finally just relax. Walk through the living room and play with her without her getting so out've control. Is this a normal time for her to start getting out've that naughty stage? So happy she is such a lover:p:! Now to get back to working on training with her lol it has felt like forever trying to get past this naughty biting stage and thanks again everyone for all the kind help!!

:D:D

·
groobie peese n da lobe
10,181 Posts
Your Emma is simply adorable!!!! Holy cow, she is beautiful!!!!

Happy to hear that she is responding well to her training. I was laughing reading your post because I remember when Buddy was a baby, it would take me twice the time to get dressed in the mornings. He would take my socks off as soon as I put them on...he would grab my legs with every step. OH...puppyhood! I have to say though....as annoying as it can be...:doh: enjoy it....Buddy is now 7 years old and when I look back on the puppy days, I cry. I remember them fondly and the older he gets, the more I realize I wont have him forever.

Kiss your baby for us.
Victoria and da buddy

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I'm sure there was a giant sigh of relief at your house. :p: Both my guys tested my patience for til about one year. The next year was still a bit trying but managable. As Caue is approaching two he is really really trying hard to be a good boy. Still the odd jump and love bite but I can live with that.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hi. I chuckled too when I read about your pup's crazy antics. My Brady just turned 1, and it was around 7-8 months when we started to notice a significant improvement in his behavior. Up until that time, he was pretty nutty most of the time, but between 7-8pm he was particularly bad...my husband and I started calling it his "witching hour." So yes, I think you're right on track. As your pup gets closer to 1 year you'll notice another level of improvement, but watch out for the occasional days where they will challenge you as they go through adolescence.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Glad that she is doing so much better and your body can heal from the puppy bites. She is a pretty girl.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts