Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with FLICKR accounts:

I've just created a Flickr photo group for all members of GRF and Flickr.

You can join our Flickr group at:
http://flickr.com/groups/goldenretrieverforum/

Don't forget to add/upload as many of your Golden Retriever photos to our groups as you can :)

Lets make it a largest Golden Retriever group on Flickr.

WE CAN DO IT :)

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guys, what's up? No one has a flickr account with some nice photos to add into our group? :)

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I will have to fix it also. I have been using photobucket but if this is for us, I will join.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I've been off and on today, but did check out this flicker group and it's pretty cool. Was easy enough to sign up an account for because I already had a yahoo ID... but I think I'm missing something - LOL. I uploaded a photo and don't see how to add it to the goldenretrieverforum.com group "photo pool" ??? I'm still looking around, but am feeling pretty dang stupid right now :p:

Tiffany

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Tiffany,
Did you sign in under the address that Joe listed in his posting? I did the same thing and went back thru his and it goes to the golden retriever section.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I think I figured it out and hope I did it right. To join the group I had to have a flickr account, so I signed up, then joined the goldenretrieverforum.com "group". I uploaded a photo and FINALLY realized I had to open the photo page (not just the photostream page) and click the button to add this photo to the group.

If there is a better way to add photos to the group - I'm all ears, but I *think* I figured it out.... ever so slowly :doh: :p:

Tiffany

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I had the same problem Paula. When you are logged on to your flickr account, in the top menu "YOU", click that and the drop down comes out, click on "YOUR PHOTOSTREAM"

when the page loads, click a photo to open that photo page. THEN... you will see a link between the photo title and the photo itself to "SEND TO GROUP".

You have to open each photo page individually, I think.. to add them to the group.

Let us know if that didn't work, or if I need to post better instructions. I'm thinking others might benefit from instructions posted here if they have similar problems when they first sign up.

Tiffany

·
Gold Member
3,105 Posts
I had the same problem Paula. When you are logged on to your flickr account, in the top menu "YOU", click that and the drop down comes out, click on "YOUR PHOTOSTREAM"

when the page loads, click a photo to open that photo page. THEN... you will see a link between the photo title and the photo itself to "SEND TO GROUP".

You have to open each photo page individually, I think.. to add them to the group.

Let us know if that didn't work, or if I need to post better instructions. I'm thinking others might benefit from instructions posted here if they have similar problems when they first sign up.

Tiffany
it worked tiffany thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also had a bit of troubles to figure it out first, but got around it eventually.

·
Mom to Holly and Rosie
3,174 Posts
It's really a fun site for photo sharing. If you have a free account, you can organize your photos into three different sets. I have my photos in more than 60 groups. You can join all kinds of groups and post photos. You will get lots of feedback on your photos and will be asked to join other groups. There is a large group of golden retriever owners on there already, but I see no problem that we could surpass that group rather quickly.

·
Mom to Holly and Rosie
3,174 Posts
I have a photo of Holly on Flickr that has almost 3000 views. It's really no different than the others. According to my Flickr stats, most of the views are from Google image search. The other photos have low view counts 20-300.

Any Flickr junkies out there that can help solve this little mystery??

By the way, this is the photo......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/2237822376/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts