Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Annie ate grease-uh oh

18216 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  kira
Earlier this evening my husband dumped some grease (about a cup) outside from meat we were cooking. Later, he wondered where Annie had been so long in the yard and found her licking/eating the grease he had poured out.
She is so tired tonight and not at all playful. I expected her to have some BM's by now but hasn't. Should I be worried? (I am!)

And yes, he has already said he will not dispose of grease this way again.:doh:
1 - 2 of 12 Posts
Finn got on the counter as a pup (not that he wouldn't now, if it was there :)) and cleaned out the container that catches the grease on the George Foreman grill. I was worried about pancreatitus, too. But he was fine, never showed any symptoms.

I hope the same for you.
Sorry to bump an old thread, but Murphy JUST did this and now I'm kind of freaking out. Not something I even think about since I never cook meat but my roommate had left the grill grease catcher thing...and Murph got to it. Now I'm totally freaking out....ugh!
Just a quick update to let everyone know that Murphy is fine. I gave him some hydrogen peroxide and he threw everything up right away. Luckily I had a bottle in with his stuff for just this type of situation :)
1 - 2 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.